ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: For Miles Davis

For Miles Davis

for the inspiration of Miles Davis's music to me... a fragment of his music emerges from the source of his inspiration... I hope you enjoy this effort.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	For Miles Davis.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	343.0 KB 
ID:	55909  

Gary. You put it all together nicely and we can always count on something unique.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Neal - thanks for the comment... a musician surely would know if a piece is put together nicely....

I don't know where Your paintings frames come from, but this one cannot really hold inside the music imperiously coming out of this painting. I'm much admired of everything here, but in particula by the way You make some protagonist color become a real and lively star into the picture!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Vibrant and full of colour again Painter. It has such a sense of music you were creating with the two figures that I see in here. Well done again
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I have been coming back to this one time and again waiting for something to come forward to say. Still can only say it blows me away (no pun intended). . . The impact of it is a lot to me like listening to one of Miles' numbers. And I think he was on a journey. I think you said it very well using the word 'fragment', I can certainly add 'esoteric'. This is a remarkable piece for a very complex artist about whom the pieces have not yet merged for me. Odd that you have painted an expression visually of how I view Miles. Both do similar things to me. Bravo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Caesar, Alexandra and coops thanks for your kind comments and taking the time to elaborate on this particular work. I really appreciate you taking the extra effort.

D Akey - speaking of the extra effort I am very pleased that your comments and observations. I love Miles Davis' work it is a pleasure and challenge at the same time.. I had been listening to his work before this particular image just floated up....and I was very motivated to capture it... thanks again

Gary, always follow your work. You take a modern art, gorgeous, beautiful, stunning colors. Great art is the art that you do. Congratulations. I'm also an inveterate fan of the great Miles Davis. I have produced some paintings about him.

Miles Davis was one of the greatest visionaries and most important figures in jazz history.

He transformed his works of sound into shapes and colours.

See here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aplp6pPVvCg

Most of the time Miles appeared on-stage in bright colored clothing that matched his painting style. He always seemed to dazzled his audiences with the color of sound that emanated from his horn and from his clothing. His paintings in New York City (1990) received enthusiastic reviews, as they did in Spain, West Germany and Japan.

Duke Ellington one day described Miles as "The Picasso of Jazz" and rightly so.

“I know what I've done for music, but don't call me a legend. Just call me Miles Davis.” said Miles, and Gary, I know what you've done with this painting. Miles eyes is there looking at us. Perfect.

Lima - i am deeply gratified at your comments about my work and especially about Miles whom I consider to be a giant not only of music but as a man.