ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Tablet PC Text Entry?

Tablet PC Text Entry?

Hello!

I am using the Full Edition (updated, 2.2.9) on a Tablet PC (Tecra M7). I am unable to enter text in ArtRage fields using the Tablet PC Input Panel, because inside of the program that little input icon does not appear over text fields as in other apps. The file browser works as expected though.

I noticed this feature listed for the latest version:

"Tablet PC Numeric Entry: Adjusted the Tablet PC build so that using handwriting recognition to enter text in to the ArtRage numeric text entries is easier."

This implies that there is a seperate Tablet PC build of ArtRage. Is this the case, and if so where can I download it?

Thanks for any help,

Matthew Durante

Hi Matthew,
    To enter text in ArtRage text input, when using a TabletPC stylus, select the text box in ArtRage, then click the TabletPC input icon in the Windows task bar
    You can then handwrite the text. The input panel gets 'hinting' information from ArtRage to favour recognizing numbers in the text boxes.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks Andy (or is that Mr. Rage?). Not completely ideal (I let ArtRage cover the task bar for more screen area), *but* it's not that big a deal as I only rarely need to enter text in your well-designed interface. At least I can make it work now when necessary!

- Matthew Durante

There's a free on-screen keyboard here:

http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/fp/inscribe.htm

duno if that'll help or not.

I will have to try this to confirm it, but if you 'gesture' by scooting the tip of the stylus left and right rapidly without the tip touching the screen (close enough that the cursor moves) that usually brings up the keyboard. I don't think we disabled that in ArtRage, but I'll have to check in to it to make sure it works. Give it a shot!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

ok guy can you please talk me through adding text in Artrage, lokking at what andy said i can't follow

ok me dumb i know but would like to know
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

cripster, they're talking about Tablet PCs, not graphics tablets. So, for example, you know how you can numerically enter the size for ArtRage's tools? The original poster was unable to do that without an on-screen keyboard (or handwriting recognition) since Tablet PCs don't have keyboards.

Hope that helps clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage
    I will have to try this to confirm it, but if you 'gesture' by scooting the tip of the stylus left and right rapidly without the tip touching the screen (close enough that the cursor moves) that usually brings up the keyboard. I don't think we disabled that in ArtRage, but I'll have to check in to it to make sure it works. Give it a shot!
    Yes, that works too! I wasn't aware of that method of opening the input panel...

- Matthew Durante

Ok got it thanks, it would be cool to beable to add text sometimes
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit