ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self Portrait

Self Portrait

Did this just for fun

Chalk and blending markers used.

Very nice work Muir
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

I don't know how You got this marvel (apart from the model charm contribution), but, whatever the tool and procedure, it's an amazingly well done portrait!
    Last edited by Caesar; 05-14-2011 at 08:46 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

You look a little unsure about this self-portrait jazz, hahaha. Your expression is a little calculating as if in the throes of such an exercise. Been there done that. In mine, the teacher assigned us all to do a self portrait in the buff. Talk about looks on faces, hahaha. I was not an experienced artist at the time and much less with nudes, and even less so with my own nakedness before my peers both metaphorically and physically. Very Pink Floyd The Wall, hahaha. My drawing board was in my lap, thank you very much, and it was going to stay there.

But way fun and you did an exemplary job in simplifying in a slightly graphic way. And some of your personality came through. Great trick in a self-portrait. Pleasure to see ya. Job well done.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Muir - great portrait, I like the lighting on your face and fabric folds... superb work..

I always love a self portrait. Good job!!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

JustJean, Jibes, GXH, Mannafig - Thank you all so much. n_n

D Akey, I think by the time I had taken the reference photo, I had already taken about a dozen others that I didn't like for one reason or another. I'm really picky when it comes to photos of myself . A nude self-portrait? Wow. I don't think I would have ever got that finished! I'm much too shy.

Caesar, I used blender marker for everything, being very careful with the hair and skin (making sure I didn't miss any area - didn't want any of the background showing through), but not so careful with the clothing. Then I did the clothing again in chalk and put it under the marker layer so that the chalk showed through the areas that I missed with the marker. The shadow was Van Gogh number 2 sticker spray with a shadow blend mode. The background is just a bucket fill. :3

Very nice work.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

like the style of your portrait. very graphic look. great job Muir.