ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hedgehog to hug.

hedgehog to hug.

a story of the hedgehog who dreamed one day that he is being hugged- now he wants it for real. For the moment i have one drawing ready and the second one not finished yet. Do you think that the perspective in the second one is good? do you have any suggestions how to draw branches on the trees and the bushes?
    many greetings to all of you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sleepinghedgehog2.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	55817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walkinghedgehog.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	55818  

The glitter tool does a fine job of making leaves on trees, bushes and flowers. Keep the pressure, and size down in the lower ranges, and play around with using metal in the color to get the look you want.

The tube can give you some really great looking limbs (and tree trunks), but it's sometimes time consuming, requiring a lot of attention with the knife. It's made much easier by using the tube to draw the limb on a separate layer, export that layer to the desktop, make the original layer invisible, then import the layer from the desktop back into the painting. It will then have normal consistency and be easier to manipulate.

Make a few main branches, paint in the leaves for the whole tree, then go back and fill in spot areas of branches with whatever tool you prefer.
    Use slightly lighter colors for the leaves where the sun would be hitting them, a little darker color for the areas that would be in the shade.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

They are so cute and really well done.
    Geoff

Unfortunately I'll have to wait for my grandsons to have an excuse to buy the book with so nice illustrations. Fantastic pieces!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar thank you very much if its ever published i will make an effort and send one copy to you- you will have an excuse that its a gift from a friend
    barnburner i will do exactly as you said. this week i was still discovering some of the options of artrage- hehe and i discovered what "lock opacity" is for didnt know before.
    Thank you Alexandra and limey-g )) im very happy you like it

Here are some new shots on the hedgehog- just playing with the character who is sorry and thinking what to do with the prickly spikes.

Name:	cryinghed.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	55938   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thinkinghedgehog.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	55939  

Awwwwwww these are sooooo cute and need to see them in a book. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Question

Privet, Roza!

A pochemu Yozh plachet?

thank you coops there will be a long way to the book- i do it on my own request for the moment and i enjoy it so its fine.
    Olga the hedgehog is sad cause it wants to be hugged and everyone is afraid of the spikes.

here is a hedgehog trying get the solution what to do with the prickly spikes. he had some moments of doubt, but at the end he came to the brilliant idea

Name:	feelinghedgeghog.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	56009  

wow

Absolutely love your style.......Sublime character!
    Still have to start with my illustrations for the "curly hedgehog", but now I'm not so sure I want to start.....can't top this one!!

Please post more!

Arjen Vriezekolk