ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Nick harris interview in ImagineFX#69

Hey Nick harris interview in ImagineFX#69

Just picked up ImagineFX issue #69, May 2011 & check out Nick's interview on page 22-23...

And LOOk at the photo of Nick's digital studio... I think a few of you blokes in the UK should volunteer to help Nick tidy the digs up a bit... (Just kidding - I'm quite envious of his large collection of art books on display)...

I was dissappointd though that although Nick mentions his pet rat Pablo, there are no photos of his friend....

Also in the same issue Simon Dominic offers some Artrage tricks...

Plus an article on Dylan Cole!!!!

ImagineFX is the perfect compliment for Artragers....

Cheers

Ken

PS: Nick Please post a photo of Pablo... Pretty please...

Hi Ken,
    I've had the duster in there since then, and taken out two scanners and two A3 printers, replacing them with an all in one unit taking up much less space. I can now get to my chair without have to perform a back flip and three cartwheels. OK it's still messier than most, but the hundreds of books do take up space that my inverse Tardis room just doesn't have in spades.

Pablo - RIP - no decent photos, but P was the classic white furred, pink eyed rat - with a pale brown cap that resembled an artist's beret when he was a nipper - hence the name.
    My lovely rattie died several months ago suddenly (some sort of stroke). He died the same day as my daughter's much older and fatter jobbie who had entertained us greatly for several years with such suicidal antics as sudden paratrooper type leaps (but without parachute) from the top of my daughter's warderobe onto the carpet below. We were forced to move him to a much lower placed dwelling just to put our minds at rest. Che was an utter sweetie but an utter nutter.
    Currently ratless.

Simon has articles on AR in most IFX mags these days, which is fantasitc - both for a great artist and a great software. IFX rules the digital painting mags.

Cheers,
    Nick
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

3. Why didn't you tell me about this Nick? I'll go out and but the issue now.

Congratulations master Nick!
    "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

congrats Nick on your continued success as an illustrator and for the notoriety and attention to your work. very cool.

Based on all the motherboard & hardware boxes I'd guess Nick does most of his own upgrades....

Yes, I concur, ImagineFX is a must purchase for people using ArtRage, Painter, Photoshop, etc...

It's one of the few magazines I purchase each month....along with a few car & hot rod mags...

I'll have to try and get a back copy, because the June issue is out now.

On TV recently there was an interview with Steve Bell, the Guardian’s (UK newspaper) cartoonist, and it had a shot of his wonderfully cluttered studio, all ink pots, books and papers, so maybe it's a trait brilliant artists share.

When I was young, my mother wouldn’t allow a mess and made me pack everything away after painting – a habit I find hard to break today and must be why my efforts only hang on the fridge.

It’s a small thing, but I really appreciate how ArtRage leaves pallets and reference images where you left them on the screen. At least I've only got Tycho the cat checking up on me now.

In all my waffling above I forgot to say the most important thing - congratulations Nick!
    Last edited by Jono; 05-19-2011 at 09:46 AM.
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

Congrats Nick ^Up^ ^Up^
    Susan Murtaugh satisfied user (ArtRage)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/

Congrats dear Nick!
    I would love to see the mag in question but alas its not available in my neck of the woods, though I will look out for it. Its fun to imagine what others workspace's are like - some people are surprisingly neat and tidy. I tend to get messy and then feel virtuous after a big tidy-up... makes me feel like I've got all my ducks-ina-row. hahaha - not really true

Always a big fan of yours and wishfully wanting to learn some of those skills...
    All the best
    Rowena