ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The David of Moria

Talking The David of Moria

This artistic statue placed by the Dwarves of Moria to celebrate the challenge of one of their king on a giantic Ogre has been taken in a Gondor Museums by the fellowship of the ring passing by ...
    This was one of two funny ideas I sketched very quickly. No reference from my court or from Michelangelo though.
    The other being a fast skiing escaping pin-up being chased by a running infatuated Yeti which I didn't attach because it would possibly be an After 9 section.
    Just a quickie to laugh together a little bit ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheDavidofMoria.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	55734  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

What are you drinking over there my friend?
    Too funny! Are you going to put this in the Tolkien thread?
    I know the Yeti would not fit into this story, not even the naked dwarf, but it might add some interest to those out there who has wondered what one would look like.

LOL too funny..... you must be decompressing after the intensity of your work for Japan and Caravaggio study...

Thank You, dear friends! It's certainly not a real artpiece, but as Gxhpainter correctly said, I wanted to decompress a little bit before completing my crayon landscape WIP and face a couple of new portrait ideas and another challenging copy perhaps ...
    I must confess that looking at some Bronzino paintings on some pages later, on the above site, I found a couple of nudes, front and back, of a court dwarf of his times he mastrerfully painted. That's where the idea came from. Don't worry to check because he was decently veiled by Bronzino where appropriate ....

Take better care of yourself Cesare, I think you have been sitting out in the sun for too long. Seriously but then can I be serious about your amusing sketch. Oh well I will be, its very good and very comical.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

LOL...Caesar, what a great combination you are of quick wit, and brilliant artistic talent.
    Well done!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Oh my, what had happened over the years to the handsome David... he was worth to risk my life just to see him in person... and i am glad i did... because.....hahahahahahha.....

Actually You're right, dear Katie! We,ve got several full sunny days and its rays are already quite hot in this period in Rome in the middle of the day. Maybe that caused me some brain overheating or just added to my cheerful mood ...Thank You!

I'll show You a secret, whence the idea came to me, dear Barnburner. See below these Renaissance master Bronzino's studies on a Florence court dwarf named Morgante. These figures anticipated by far the famous one by Velasquez. Thank You!

Dear Anna, if You were a dwarvine You would have done the some for this bold hero of that race I guess. Anyway I invite You to see something else coming from Florence and renaissance I attach herebelow and explained just above in my reply to Barnburner. Thank You!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NanoMorgante.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	55772