ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Journey

Wow! Sandra, this is just wonderful... Simple, but yet extremely powerful.. Great work!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

A very creative painting, well thought out.
    Geoff

Actually the bent palm tree made this guy silhouette become like that of the poor Bob Marley! I like very much this artpiece!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Alexandra - great image that calls to much to mind about coming of age. and the sharing of knowledge between a father and his son... powerful. I like the fact that you did the figures as silhouettes

Thanks Mike, a quickie before hitting the brutal yard work!

Geoff, Thanks so much!

Cesare...... Thanks!

Ghx, this is exactly what I meant with this one. Thank you kind sir.
    So happy that you didn't see a palm tree as our unkind Italian mate here....I won't mention any names.

Sorry, dear Sandra, but I'm in a funny mode and with the worst and darkest of my screens.
    You also reminded me that I'd better go to a barber shop because my hair got almost as unconytrollable as those of these two natives!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Powerful, powerful subject portrayed, perhaps as the purpose of existence; the propagation of the species. And this is how we do it. We teach. We are all teachers from the moment in our mother's arms, with excitement the infant raises their arm and points. And we teach to the bitter end. It is what separates us from all the others.

You have suggested this idea so simply, so beautifully. The father and son turning their heads toward each other in the manner we exchange information. The bow and quiver, symbolic of survival, and the mountains, the travails in times to come. The shadow and color of uncertainity

Alexandra, in terms of what I look for in paintings; meaning, something profound, intense, empathetic, heartfelt, your quick piece for me nears the feelings engendered from, The Return of the Prodigal Son.

I don't think I am overstating my opinion. I look for meaning everywhere like I was still a hippie of the 60's.

Yes the hair is sort of whimsical and distracting from the whole. It does help to distinguish them from a more primitive time.

Hope it is in your gallery so I can fav it.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

That is okay Cesare, I am a kidder too, and always love to kid around. As a matter of fact we too are due for the barber shop-as I am the barber around here and both men in the house are going to get a good haircut this weekend!

Thanks so much PD. I really appreciate your wonderful comment.
    I am way way way behind in updating my gallery. Something happened with firefox, and now I have to make all my paintings small to put them in the gallery- I will do this soon, and thanks so much again!

Beautiful, expressive