ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colors for Japan

Colors for Japan

I'm about to have the two paintings finished in view of June's charity exhibition in Rome.
    I put them together. The second one was actually made in three version. The basic one, a black and white one with red accents and a third one obtained by a difference filter on a pink layer.
    Any further comment would be useful for completion and selection, especially which of the three version of the second painting is the most appropriate.
    Thank You very much!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CandidatePaintingsforJapan.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	190.4 KB 
ID:	55668  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

These are beautiful, Caesar. The first one is very oriental and looks like something you would see on a scroll. For the second one, I personally like the normal coloured and the b/w with red accents ones best.

Caesar - beautiful works.... I think that the Tsunami wave, and the black and white Madonna . I like the colored Madonna but the black and white is a powerful statement in its simplicity. Let us know how it goes... Are you going to have them printed? What size and on what material...??

Caesar, these are extremely powerful, and obviously, extremely well done. They are all great, but for what it's worth, I think the bottom left would be the most appropriate. Wonderful work.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Caesar, that first is wonderful , style, drawing and painting

As for the second I do like the first b/w as it suits the sombreness of the ocasion but the third is also another great painting, the second one I do not care for .

Thank You also for Your advice about the candidate versions for final selection, dear Muir!

Actually the B&W was an option since the start, dear Gxhpainter, although I wondered whther to keep it more graphical or plastic as in this case. The red accent came later on as an idea because of the Japan flag and the tragedy. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Barnburner. Actually the one You indicate is the most original version, with the reverse tones reminding a sort of negative film frame. Quite appropriate too to describe the sense of death ...

At this point in time the B&W seems to score the best in this poll, dear Jean! Thank You!

caesar great job on these! Out of the three done different ways I like the black and white the best but all are very powerful and just awesome.

Both pics are great. of the second painting, I really like the color version bottom right.

Right, dear Noogins! After all black and white is always very elegant, isn't it? It fits the mourning better. Thank You!

Thank you dear Albert! I think I finally hooked, more or less, a credible scene and right enough proportions and lights for a decent composition mostly imaginative (thus a sensibly though challenge for me).

Wow Caesar. Those tightened up when reduced. They look very polished and you should be proud of them. Well presented.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream