ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help, I am new to this...

Please help, I am new to this...

Hi Everyone,

My name is Tweetykiss and I just downloaded AR2 just last week and I want to take that class so I will register but before I do, I need to know that since I can't even draw on a hardcopy sketchpad and I failed in offline art classes offered locally is there hope for me to be good at this....

I have seen the work presented here and I see how good all of you are and that has really inspired me to learn this....I have always wanted to learn graphic arts......is there hope for me since I cannot do it "on hard copy" and any sugs would be appreciated....

Thank You

Hahahaha!!!!!!!

How in the heck does someone fail art class? Hahhahaha.

Did you like not show up for class at any time? Did you refuse to turn in the project? Did you not figure out that the model is the one who is supposed to be nude in class, not the artists?

Since that question is sorta weird, I won't answer it except to say you will have lots of fun with this program!!!!!!

If you have fun, you're likely to do it more.

If you do it more, you'll likely get better.

If you get better, people will show you more respect.

If they show you more respect, you will feel better about yourself.

And all that points to your enjoying doing art.

What more do you need?

THE worst thing you could do is to let someone else tell you you have no talent. That's crap.

Come, have some fun and forget about those idiotic classes.

I'm with D Akey as we often double team on these topics.
    Since you are in this forum you have taken the first step and the most important the decision to better yourself.
    The luck comes in with you picking this forum.(as you will see as you stay longer)
    If you are willing to put some time into the tasks involved then you are on the road to artsville.
    You'll know when you get there!

When it comes to art, talent isn't what defines how good you'll be at it. Didn't we all start out randomly scribbling with mama's crayons? It's about practicing, getting better, and most of all, enjoying what you do.

There's a lot of hints and tips that can be found just on these forums alone, and you can find even more when you browse around the internet. Try them out, play with it. And if you make something that you think looks like crap, keep working on it until it's completely rubbish. That's something I've found to be a very good practice to get to know your own weaknesses, and will give you a more focused point to improve upon.

Thanks for the welcome guys.....now to answer how I failed in art, I just couldn't draw much less put in the color right....sounds not smart, right but that is what happened......

Now what encourages me here are all the fine work in the gallery....it tells me the program is good but I was just wondering if someone has to be good in art first.....

I think I will upgrade AR2 since it is such a great value for money and the class is not expensive neither.....

I was lurking here the last few days admiring all the work and decided to jump in and actually use the software......

I can tell that I will have fun both doing my work and in this forum since I see this is a very friendly place.....

Merry Christmas now.....

Merry Christmas to you too!

Like so many tools ArtRage reflects the skill of the artist. You can't ignore that. As you develop your visual vocabulary you can apply that stuff to whatever you're doing. If you don't have any ideas, and just push paint around, it could very well give you ideas to thereafter refine.

If you do nothing, your progress will reflect that.

One thing which you can do right off the bat is start out with a photo and paint over it. If you take some care with that, and you do it more than once, you will begin to see what you're doing -- ie. what makes that photo work -- how the lights play, how the color is, and how to work over a shape and still have it look like what you started with.

Any and all time spent with the program (or art in general) will move you in the right direction.

And for heaven sake, just come join us. Say howdy, give an opinion, and post a pic when you feel like it. Have fun.

tweetykiss if i can do something with artrage then you can, just check soime of my posts, i'm disabled and like you feel i can't paint, but once you start playing with ar you can do anything.

D Akey has been a big help to me as so has so meny of the other members here, i went out and got a wacom tablet (the best thing ever) and now i try all sorts of thing.

Good luck and welcome to the forum
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Thanks for all your help guys.....I am now registered in the art rage class and I think it started today and I will also play with it.....

I will post more on this forum and leave comments for others as well and ask for honest critiques on my work.

Thank You and Happy New Year.....

Welcome to the forums, tweetykiss! I hope your enjoy your stay here, and of course, have fun with ArtRage!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you for the welcome Dave and I am happy to be here....