ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Under the Sea

Under the Sea

Done in crayon and assorted palette knife settings.

Such a calm and pleasant painting Muir, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank you.

Great composition!
    Now that You tokk such a confidence, I think You may dare even more and try also with bolder colors ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Brighter, more vibrant colours would look better, I agree dear Caesar! They actually started out brighter but they kind of got toned down as I played with them. hehe :3

It is a demure, pleasing perspective of my second life (if I had one) as a dolphin. It's a dream, it's only a dream. Though I also favor the otter, warm water, and few predators.

You capture anatomically the dolphin making that happy little turn they make, their exuberance unconcealed. They remind me of frisky pups, their world a playground and their happiness to obvious to hide. Whenever I see a baby, a puppy, an otter or dolphin I smile, and that smile lingers awhile.

Your subterranean environment beckons to don snorkel, mask and fins and propel myself through clarity, reconnoitering the geography of the shallow ocean floor as if slowly orbiting the moon in complete silence. Coming to the surface like the ocean mammals we are breaching the surface with the sound of air exhausting under pressure and the sound of respirations gathering oxygen. A flip of the fin and we are gone.

I recall the many times we would encounter large pods of feeding dolphin following tuna. Without failure a fun group would break off from the pod to surf our bow. I think if they had their druthers they would prefer the bow wake of a sailboat over a power boat (stinkpot) any day. It's just more pleasant. They would stay with us for hours. Laying on the deck, we watched them somehow propelled by the wave created by the bow cutting the surface. Something so fascinating to them that they would participate every opportunity and have a hard time quitting.

We were always concerned as time passed and their bow antics continued, that they would become very separated from their pod. They did not seem to care. They live in the moment.

I think the story a painting tells, like yours is the most important aspect of the work. Thanks for the memories your painting kept from fading.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

Thank you, Jean.

P.D., thank you so much for sharing that memory. I've never swam with dolphins, although I've heard that they are the safest swimming partners one could ask for.