ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First ArtRage attempt

First ArtRage attempt

Just thought I'd contribute. I got my son a tablet PC for Christmas and we started playing with it. I was immediately impressed and decided to go find the best art program available. I knew the hardware was advanced but I had no idea that software had caught up. ArtRage let's me create naturally like I do on paper.

I gave up art in the 1985 timeframe as too cumbersome (materials, mess and such). I may just pick it back up again!

My WIP is a little flat because I'm just getting the blending down at this point. 11 Layers give it the seperation I need for clarity. I'm using the crayon tool on zero grain paper.

Comments welcomed. Like I said I haven't picked up a colored pencil (my old preferred medium) since about 1985 so it will take some comment, critique, and adjustment.

Gif...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asian_face_study_120.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	4525  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi robertgiffin, and welcome to the forum.
    Your picture is fantastic. The detail in the hair is excellent.

I look forward to seeing more of your work. Now, you're just going to have to wrest the TabletPC from your son and tell him to get his own.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks Andy. I selected the subject for a few reasons. The hair was one of them. Another reason was the glasses - and the lenses still need a lot of work. I have them on a 49% opacity layer and I'm kind of struggling with the color. I want it transparent to a point. I'm just gonna have to futz with it I suppose. I selected it overall for the effect and what I can learn from it.

Thanks for the comment but still very much a WIP. I plan to try oils next, maybe a landscape or something. I'm very much impressed with ArtRage.

that is a really good face painting,
    well done

Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

hello, Robertgiffin, you painting is beautifull, and if i could, I only would like to tell you that you can give you portrait alive, giving some brilliant points in the eye, adding a lacrymal gland in the left corner. May be, if you give an impresion of transparency for the glass, you'll have an other result.
    Dont worry, it's only my point of view. Look at a Raytracing production to see what you can obtain.
    Good work
    experience comes from bad judgements, good judgements come from experience (old wise indian proverb)

Regarding my work in progress

Danbo - your comments are appreciated, look in the Gallery for the completed work at .http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...pic.php?t=3771

that's ok robertgiffin. Welldone
    experience comes from bad judgements, good judgements come from experience (old wise indian proverb)

Great work.

beautiful work

masterful! dont do anything you are not doing anyway.. again.. wonderfully perfect.

It's a nice work. So detailed.