ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: City Music ( Blue Notes )

City Music ( Blue Notes )

more monochromatic than most of my work... chalks, ink pens, eraser...oils... Hope you enjoy all this jazz...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City Music (Blue Notes).jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	249.6 KB 
ID:	55394  

.. almost like the tearings on canvas style of Lucio Fontana ...
    Very elegant.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very subtle beauty. I think the sparseness on this is a good thing.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Caesar - thanks so much... I Googled Lucio Fontana and was amazed at this man's work... read his history and looked at several of the canvas's you refered to. Your knowlege of art history is amazing and a source of great information thanks for sharing it. I have been thinking of gzairbornes "in the moment" for some time and had been envisioning color grounds with a cut or slit to let out colored essence I haven't figured out how to do it yet but then you directed me to Lucio's work which is exactly what I was seeing in my meditations... thanks so much. I feel inspired to figure out how to accomplish this in AR and most likely a little Photoshop work..

As a blues lover.............this hits a note with me
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

again I've been looking at your painting for a long time, diving into all those subtle colours and lines ... and I'm very pleased

I like that I can switch from "panorama view" (with the lines representing a cityscape seen from far away) to a more close-up view, where the lines resemble rooms and a person sitting in one of those rooms.
    great work

Dear Gxhpainter, glad to have offered a bit of useful information in this world so overwhelmingly full of information (often specialized and for adepts only) that You often cannot meet what You would really be interested in.
    Actually a know almost decently art history as a non-expert, but very little of the contemporary art , especially the last two or three decades and anyway art concepts and paths grew exponentially, like mathematics, so it would be impossible for anyone, even an expert (not my case), to keep track of innovations, changes and evolutions. Moreover, differently from mathematics, the conceptual architectures behind are not based on any universal logics or reference metrics (at least partially, since also ancient paintings had many symbols and hidden references behind) thus there's a considerable subjective part.
    Moreover communication, market and business forces tend would heavily distort, also dramatically, what could be a reasonably objective value of an artpiece (an unappropriate definition in these days, since art is said to be possibly a feature pertaining also to what is not a "piece", a "product") and either link it to extreme emotions and dramatic lives mythologies or to a quite esoteric concept of genius..
    I therefore have my own definition of what art is, what is a more or less sophisticated artisanal activity and what is not. I also have my most modest indicators to recognize, judge and assess value in the most objective way I can (also considering expected universality degree and durability of appreciation).
    In Your case, right or wrong as I may be, I see art flowing in Your veins like Force in a Jedi knight.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I enjoy jazz very much and I also enjoy looking at your painting, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307