ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Creech

The Creech

I've found ArtRage's watercolor brush extremely useful for shading, like for this pencil drawing of the Creature.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Back to photoshop for some re-compositing and playing with the color. Later, I think I'll paint in some jungle canopy in Artrage to blot out the sky and get rid of that boring skyline. After all, this is supposed to be the darkest Amazon.
    Last edited by nartist; 05-06-2011 at 06:48 PM.

There, that looks a little better. It still looks murky and odd and unfinished but I know how to fix that. Still, I think I'll put this one aside for awhile. If nothing else, it gave me a little practice.
    Last edited by nartist; 05-12-2011 at 02:41 PM.

great to watch the image evolve, looking good nartist

Smile

Thank you! I guess now I'll just start pondering how I want it to look finished while I get my next project going.

I love this. Great work.

Smile

Aw, thanks. I wish I was good enough to render water water glistening on his scales and I don't find it to be a particularly dramatic piece but it's a keeper I guess. Once I finish it, that is.

8. Very cool and fun. Love the classics!

great work

Love your style!

Arjen

Talking

Woah, thanks guys! I'm generally positive about it. The creech is a darned complex creature with all kinds of warts and wrinkles and odd angles and scales and finny things. It's easy to get too absorbed in getting all the details right. Now I wish I'd drawn a couple dozen sketches, first, and given him something to do. But this painting gets the point across, I suppose.