ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A remake: The Bookworm

A remake: The Bookworm

This is for AgedP. He liked this saying. I could not find the author, but the message appeals to me as well.

Thanks to Skylar for history of the author of this wonderful quote. Here is the new one with authors name. I hope you like this one as well Aged P.

Uploaded new one with sig and other eyebrow that I missed. So sorry-too much going on this morning. Sanding sheetrock today. Whew!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Alexandra; 05-23-2011 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Thanks to Skylar for author and history of quote.

Texas Hill Country
    Sandy - I love you Bookworm.
    The quote is by ALICE MORSE EARLE -
    "The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present."
    A long time ago, I took part of the quote (now a cliche), and mucked it up even more - "A Stitch in Time waits for no man"
    My Website -
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

This is really great Sandy and a fine bookworm ya does make.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery

Prineville Oregon
    Alexandra - a very stylish and bookish worm.... great quote.. thanks to Skylar for sourcing the quote for us..!!

Thank you Skylar! Now, isn't that something, as my dear grandmother would say-haha. I was once in this bookstore and they had a small pillow with this quote and it said written by Eleanor Roosevelt! When I went too look into her lead me to a rabbit hole. This is great to know. Thank you my dear friend!

Thank you dear Katie! Proud you like it!

Thanks ghx, very much appreciated kind sir!

Glasses, of course My language doesn't have that beauty build in, that it both means now, and a gift. It simply state it is now.

One thing I could think of, that a child would ask : Does a bookworm eat the words in the book instead of reading them?

And can you understand words by eating them ?

She looks like a nice bookworm.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Sandy, I really like this! So cute and so well done!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:

Rome (Italy)
    We call a library mouse (topo di biblioteca) who utmost likes almost exclusively reading books (often with little practical skills too).
    Here's a magnificent library worm instead!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Dear Frisch, Your comment is so charming and delightful! Thank you-I would have to reply: I don't think that the bookworm would appreciate the words, only the flavor of the ink and paper-haha!

Thank you dear Neal, much appreciated!

I did not know about the library mouse, this is another cute idea-thank you Cesare!

Very Small town in Illinois
    Bookworms are Kool! Very well done Sandy!
    My Gallery:
    Deviant Art Gallery: