ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Tipping Point - After the Gold Rush

The Tipping Point - After the Gold Rush

The painting depicts a city in inescapable triple-digit heat where the tipping point has occurred and is irreversible.

The tipping point is the point in which global climate changes is difficult if not impossible to reverse change from one state to a new state.

My first reference for 'The Tipping Point - After the Gold Rush is a song written by Neil Young. I it is about a future where the planet is decimated by human greed, unsustainable, no longer in equilibrium, out of balance.

Another reference is the movie Koyaanisqatsi. The word comes from the Hopi language meaning "crazy life, life in turmoil, life out of balance, life disintegrating, a state of life that calls for another way of living". It is a documentary, of sorts. A visual concert of images set to the music of 'Phillip Glass'. I see it is available free at video.google, Hulu, et.al. I think you will find it unusual.

The painting depicts a city in inescapable triple-digit heat where the tipping point has occurred and is irreversible.

Anyway that is what my painting is about. I do try to always look on the bright side of life.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

I feel blinded, P.D. and that is what i would if the tipping line had reached us, for the simple reason, that I could not handle our stupidity wasn't stopped.

Being a listener of Steve Reich's music, I hear the minimal music while i look, and you have reached the tipping point, P.D.

I'm glad that you are an optimistic human being, so am I.

PD - nice to see more work from you.... this is molten! and smokin...and I like it! sobering concept the tipping point...makes for good art!

yeah Neil Young, I should listen to his music again ...
    Koyaanisqatsi is a great documentary, I think I've seen it five times so far (and I usually don't like to watch movies) ... great references for your painting, Mr. Dinkles
    ... oh, and a great painting of course! I like it, it's very bright