ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Escape Ladder

Escape Ladder

mix of pencils, chalks, and oils then a little PS to season to taste ... hope you like it... refers to art as my escape from workaday world...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Escape Ladder.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	430.7 KB 
ID:	55249  

A rutilant and frantic image and another fantastically creative artwork! You made me come the wish to go back experimenting some abstract composition again ... Maybe when I end some near tem objectives ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

ohh another stunning "collage"

gxhpainter, I can (and always do!) look at your paintings for a loooong time (fullscreen), there's so many tiny things to discover

may I ask if you were painting this in one session, or do you rather take pieces of different paintings and put them together as a collage? the whole composition in any of your paintings looks very coherent, but I find it hard to imagine that you've done all those different brush strokes, tools, colours, etc in one single session - at least for me it's hard to change tools after having begun a painting ..

anyways, I love your style

Caesar - thanks so much for your viewing and comments. I always greatly appreciate your comments. I had to look up "rutilant" and it very aptly appies here. I am most please at the fact that you might experiment with some abstract compositions! I am sure they will be fantastic!

dear MSIE - thanks too for your enthusiastic appreciation of my works. It is very gratifying to know people find your work engaging. I do my work in one session usually an hour or two at most. I tend to work very fast and use dozens of layers almost every color is on its own layer. I then merge some of them together and apply whatever effect I think it needs to enrich an edge, change tones etc., sometimes i throw away layers because they just don't work for me and try something else to "correct" the image. I am a great fan of your work also and find inspiration from it

... sorry for rutilant! The Latin/ Italian derived English words often comes faster to my mind when I speak or write in English, which I suppose it's natural to me, but, maybe, sounds a little pompous and archaic to native English-speaker ... The problem is that sometimes the meaning in English progressively got a somehow different concept.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

You´ve truly created a sense of the tense, frantic, workaday world--one where an escape ladder is necessary! Great one!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

thank you for answering my questions, gxhpainter much appreciated!

as I know nothing whatsoever about fine arts, I just play around with those digital tools, explore, and try to create something I like ... I get inspiration by looking at other people's wonderful creations, but I never try to "copy" a style (my lack of skills is preventing that ). I just try to see what I can do with the tools - and many of my "doodles" with lots of layers and blend modes look similar to your paintings, just not as beautiful and meaningful as yours
    thanks again for providing an insight into the creation of your wonderful paintings

... and please stop making me blush by telling me you're getting inspired by something I made ...

Caesar - no problem your comments are always appreciated.. nice to learn a new word...

MSIE - LOL ok I will stop... but I do like your work. I to am not a professional artist just a computer programmer with a strong love of art, painting and especially digital art. since it is so easy to try something and erase your mistakes...

Cesare you should be somewhat ruddy with that vocabulary.
    another delightful abstract expression gxh painter. it does seem to speak about the clamor and release. It also reminds me of a collection of toys.