ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: I am new to wacom

I am new to wacom

Hi I have just purchased a wacom intuos 3
    and am waiting for it to be delvered. I wanted to know if it works with windows 7 or not.
    pls advise
    thanks

I'm using an Intuos 3 on one of our systems here with Windows 7 and the latest Wacom driver and it works well. If you have specific questions about the tablet I'd recommend visiting the manufacturer's website at www.wacom.com as they'll have more information on their products, but we can help with any ArtRage related problems and questions. I hope you enjoy your new tablet!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I used to have one for years, and I adored it.Good choice ! I only changed for another ,because the other was a Cintiq....
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

You'll love it
    Just make sure you download the latest win7 drivers from wacom and you should have no problems whatsoever with intuos 3 on win7
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Actually, it's not as simple as just downloading the LATEST Wacom drivers. Sometimes they don't work. Pressure sensitivity being the big issue.

The key is to check if everything's fine. If it is, you don't need to do anything at all.

If it's NOT fine, then download the latest Wacom drivers. Test. If that doesn't work, you're going to have to hit google to find the various discussion threads relating to the particular combo you've got.

I've got a new Fujitsu tablet pc. Out of the box, pressure sensitivity wasn't working. I downloaded the latest Wacom drivers, and it fixed pressure sensitivity, but I was unable to change any pen settings. Cos it wasn't recognising the new driver. So I had to download and install an older driver (cons521-6_int.exe), which solved everything. Took me a day to find all the bits and pieces.

So, the short answer is YES. Your Wacom will definitely work with your Win7 machine. The long answer is that it MIGHT take some time and effort for that to happen.
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E

Fortunately in my experience this doesn't tend to be as much of a problem with desktop systems and Wacom tablets, it's more common with tabletPCs, generally due to the specific way they are set up and the nature of their touch input system if they have one ( there are multiple input standards for stylus and touch so it can sometimes take a bit of tweaking to get the desired result ). We support a variety of standards, so if you have any problems like lack of pressure support in ArtRage we should be able to help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks Dave. I'll give you a shout if my current settings stop working.
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E

wacom airbrush settings

I have just got a wacom airbrush for my intuos 3 pad and I'm trying to find out if Artrage Studio Pro has settings which allow me to adjust the use of the wheel on the airbrush . (In Photoshop, it is Brush Settings>Shape Dynamics and then the drop down 'Stylus wheel' you can adjust opacity, jitter or size etc.)

ArtRage doesn't currently have specific support for the Wacom airbrush stylus / 6d pen so these will function like a standard Wacom stylus.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks for the quick response