ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stupid Newbie Question

Question Stupid Newbie Question

Hi there
    I'm Myst and I'm pretty new to Art Rage.
    I have Art Rage Studio Pro 3, and I would like to know how I can save new canvases so that they appear in the menu and I can use them later.
    Thanks.
    Myst

To Import a Grain and use it in a Canvas Preset:
    1 - Bring up your Canvas panel, by going to View > Canvas Settings.

2 - On the left hand side of the Canvas panel, just above the Opacity dial, you'll see a Menu tab (the box with four black, horizontal lines in it). Click on the tab and select "Choose Canvas Grain" to open the Paper Grains panel.
    On the Paper Grain panel, you'll see a list of groups available to you, and a window showing which grains have currently stored for use in the highlighted group. Grain images with the small lock icons on them (located in the upper left corner of the windows) mean that those grains are default grains that came with the program.
    3 - To import your own grain, it is advisable to create your own group to store it, and others. To do this (if you haven't done so already), click on the Add Group button, input a name, and click OK.

4 - With your group created and selected, click on the Import Grain button, and browse to the image file you wish to use for your grain and open it.
    Once you do this, you'll see the grain added to the window with the grain images on the right side of the panel.
    5 - If you have more grains to import, just repeat steps 3 and 4 now. If not, highlight the grain you wish to use now and select Ok.

6 - With the grain selected, you may now change its size and roughness using the Grain Size and Roughness dials on the Canvas panel (the changes can be seen in the preview window on the top left of the Canvas Panel).

7 - With the changes made, you are ready to test the grain. To do this, X-out the Canvas panel (click on the x in upper right corner of the Canvas panel). If you find that the grain is to your liking, it would be a good idea to save the Canvas as a preset. To do that, just open the Canvas Panel again, select a group (or create a new one) to save the canvas in and click on the New button. Type in a name for the preset and click Save, and the canvas preset will be available for instant use next time you open the program.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you so much!

Thank you very much for your answer, I could follow every step, and it worked like a charm!
    I'm saving these instructions so I don't have to bug anyone again about this!
    Myst

No problem . Have fun painting, and welcome to the forums. Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.