ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Susannah and the Elders - Prelim. Sketch

Susannah and the Elders - Prelim. Sketch

One of the traditional sensual biblic subjects for classical masters of the past.
    Just to set a memo for a possible future painting. In the meanwhile I've got a couple of thick steaks to cook ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Susanna e i Vecchioni.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	347.6 KB 
ID:	54919  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

great sketch that should lay the foundation of a great painting very well. look forward to seeing the completion.

Bravo, my friend.

My favorite painting of this subject is by Gentileschi ( http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Nuta_CQvIm...entileschi.jpg ), a young woman who had considerable experience with sexual abuse in her own right. The version by Ricci is also very moving. You are drawing from a very deep well, daer Caesar, and appear to be doing so with great skill and sensitivity.

Sketch is wonderfully done...looking forward to the finished painting
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Love the sketch.

This very preliminary sketch was aimed at only fixing posture and gestures and some firm point of the characters and expressions and much should be changed and improved in a possible follow-on painting.

Thank You, dear Albert! I will have to wait a little, I'm afraid, but my intention is to go on in the future.

Dear Doc, Artemisia Gentileschi eventually won the case in tribunal after a quite accurate and well carried out process. Justice to women was far from granted anywhere four centuries ago. You're right too about the fact many classical painters, most of which Italians, including first ranking masters, narrated this biblic episode on memorable masterpieces. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Semd74! Anyway I still have to finish the second work for Japan, complete the Caravaggio partial copy experiment and set up a better and more complete composition on this theme, before I may resume this idea and procede.

Thank You, dear Sad Hatter! This far is in between a comics and a cartoon conceptual sketch and I should also correct proportions here and there before I may go on.

I took a look at your other work and its amazing, both in quality and quantity.

... and variability ... too kind of You, dear mate! Thank you again for looking and dropping!

Great sketch Caesar! Where do you go to apply for one of these Elder jobs???
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

As soon as I find somewhere a fascinating Susannah bathing to peep, dear Barnburner. As for the rest I'm safely retired ... Thank You!