ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Continue to Persevere (A Parable)

Continue to Persevere (A Parable)

And the winter was bitter and cold and it would not release it's grip on the mountain. Many, young and old trees had succumbed to the frigid, hash windy conditions. And the trees became discouraged and talked about being forsaken.

But some young trees who were as much in peril spoke to the sky about their plight and suffering. Another snow flurry covered all who stood. And a voice from the sky spoke. "Continue to persevere. Know that everything will be alright. The voice said no more. And the young gathered among each other to await that first sign of spring. And when it occurred, the trees rejoiced to survive.

And the voice returned and dekivered a short parable. Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet who feeds and take cares of them amd feeds them. Do not fear, I am with you. Who are you one young bird answered. "I am everything. I will be with you." And a compelling silence fell across the mountain.

I am not, by far, a religious man. But this came to mind as I painted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continue to Persevere.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	202.4 KB 
ID:	54861  
    Last edited by P. D. Dinkles; 04-16-2011 at 10:33 PM.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

Excellent painting and parable of life on this planet !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Thumbs up

Very nice PD.....

Have you ever wondered where an art creation comes from? Not painting what one sees but creates... if they have never seen it before, how can one invision it? Thoughts that enter the mind allowing us to create something unknown to us. Where do they come from?

Perhaps..... ? We are guided by an unknown force. or not. hehe

Great painting and parable P.D.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

wonderful use of texture and colour

PD this is a marvelous creation.... by putting the tree in its stark black simplicity in the exact center gives it focus and stillness but the eye has the marvelous texture of falling snow and cool back grounds. It is a perfect representation of the parable that came to you. It is from that stillness that all truly creative acts come...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr can feel the cold and reminds me of the winter that has just gone. I love the texture that you have in this great painting
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Ive been very much enjoying your recent efforts! Were all lucky that you discovered ArtRage and joined the forums. Keep at it!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

I am thankful to be among you and to "draw" on our like experience.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

You got another unique image, so evocative that listened to its story too. And it did was quite a deep meditation indeed!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!