ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: customised brushes

customised brushes

Hello everyone,

what I am about to ask may be old hat to those that know so apologies in advance if this is the case.

I recently came across "customised" brushes in a book called digital painting techniques vol1 ,focal press, which uses mainly photoshop.

Two questions:

is it possible to make and save "custom " brushes in artrage ?

is it possible to take customised brushes made in photoshop into artrage ?

look forward to your guidance.

best wishes

BobP

You can't export brushes from ArtRage to other products ( as ArtRage handles brushes differently to many other painting programs ), but if you're using ArtRage Studio or Studio Pro you can add presets for your brushes which are collections of settings. These then appear in the Presets panel. If you don't have Studio / Studio Pro you can download a demo from www.artrage.com/artrage-demos.html in order to see this feature.

ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro can import Photoshop brushes via the Sticker gun tool. Select the sticker gun, open the preset panel and choose 'Import Photoshop Brush' from the menu. You may need to configure the brush so it looks the same as in Photoshop. Studio Pro has the ability to do this via 'Spray Variation' in the Sticker Gun's settings panel. You can then add a preset for the desired result so you can access it immediately in the future.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Smile customised brushes

Dear Dave,

Thanks for coming to the rescue. For newcomers to "custom", "customised" brushes, like me, it is well worth looking at the tutorial "Speed painting" by Andrea Bianco on this website which gives a concise and useful overview of relevant topics.

It is as well to remember that "Artrage is not Photoshop nor Painter .." but "Artrage is a natural painting software that aims to reproduce a set of real life instruments.." , suits me !

In the Artrage manual there is no reference to "custom" brushes ,this is because Artrage uses "Stickers" which are the roughly the equivalent. There are many references to using Stickers in the Artrage forums.

BobP

Good to know about the brushes, I was also wondering this.

I'm glad you found my tutorial to be useful, BobP!