ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swan (Lake)

Swan (Lake)

This has been a very hard one to do, I still think I may need to do some more work on the Feathers I couldn't get them quite right, what do you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Christine.

(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Beautiful painting and wonderful texture

lovely. fine job

It's beautiful! Feathers are really difficult to paint realistically, but I think you did a good job! And the water is really good!

I think it is beautifull the way it is. You do not have to get more details on the feathers but if you want to....I have been looking at some Swan pictures and for the details, on top of the wings they have these small fluffy feathers which you can detail by highligting them a little more.
    For the big feather on the wings, you can add some shadow to make them more visible as individual feathers.
    For the chest and the neck it has a structure like waves....I do not know how to explain better...(in english )
    But only if you want to because again, it is perfect the way it is....this is your creation and it looks very good indeed.

I refer to this image I have been looking at...

http://www.fluweelbloem.nl/wp-conten...aan-google.jpg

It's a stunning picture! You succeeded to paint a most difficult scene.
    It's practically perfect.
    Anyway should You go on I would just try to break a little the line of the rounded part of the wing trailing edge, the rim I mean, which is possibly a little too regular, like a rounded curve and, maybe, add some more noise and highlight bubbles/ sparkles on the front wave...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you, Sandy, justjean, Alan, Muir for your very kind comments.

Vanity, Caesar, thank you both for your suggestions.
    I will do a copy and work on the feathers a bit more and try to bring out more of the bubbles. Water has always been a difficult one for me to do and feathers are a first.
    I am my own worst enemy when it comes to doing things, in painting I always try to make my artwork look like a photo, instead of painting what I see and not what I know to be there. This was a quote I learnt in the 70's but can't stick to it I am going to put that as my signature and then it will be a constant reminder.
    Christine.

(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Then we have the same problem....I paint like a photograph too....but that is what I see....I guess....

Saphire

I normally don't like photo-realism paintings. I always say, I have a camera for that, and in fact I just do not have the talent it takes. But this painting, this fabulous painting destroys all my prejudices against the genre.

I cannot believe the subtly and the physics of the moment so accurately caught. The movement of the water, fore and aft of the swan, is exactly how a sailboat cuts the water and leaves a wake.

This is one of a kind. And I am glad I saw it.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)