ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: US Government Shutdown possibly Saturday

Question US Government Shutdown possibly Saturday

OK, thats interesting isn't it. They need some time off anyway. They are working too hard. The following message seems to reflect that the US Government websites may be down as well. All of them? Hu? Wha? ?
    I wonder how much money that will save taxpayers? hehe humm
    Is it possible that the entire internet will shut down too since they control it? Na.. well ????
    We will see.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Dear friends of the Earth Observatory,

As you may know, the U.S. government is facing a shutdown due to the end of funding. As a result, the Earth Observatory site will not be
    updated for the duration of that shutdown (and may not be available at
    all) which may begin tomorrow, Saturday April 9.

We hope that there will be a quick resolution to this crisis and we
    thank you for your continued patronage.

Kevin

Kevin Ward
    Team Leader
    NASA's Earth Observatory
    Sigma Space Corporation
    kevin@eyeonclimate.com

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/
    http://neo.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/

Tell me something's not screwed up with our system.
    The people in Congress who will be responsible for this shutdown will continue to draw their paychecks,
    while our men and women in the military who put their lives and health on the line for this country, will not get their pay until the shutdown is over..

My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

They certainly not representing the people. There're representing their party's agenda. "When in the course of human activities it becomes necessary".

Bobby:

I have a neat reference for you. You might like it. I can't find your email. Send your email to:

reclark@mac.com

Remember how we thought it was so convenient when the war in Afghanistan brought the Soviet economy down.? hmmm. guess we didn't learn much from history.

Boy, bury your head in the desert sand for a number of years and look what happens. . .

I wish I could say it serves the lower denizens of congress and political system right, but even though it does, the government, fed and state, is the glue that holds us in the US together. . . and who knows what else would give way if that glue lets go.

Like the old TV commercial for acid indigestion used to say "How do you spell relief?" (. . .and no, in my humble opinion it's not spelled W A R. That's how you spell something else. . . Please get this one right. . .)

. . . plus this could blow over with minimal damage. . . <crossing fingers>
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Question

Well all I can say is that we are not in Kansas anymore ToTo.

A new game we play and without a rulebook nor guidelines.

Alas, my sweet precious late great planet Earth, I knew her well, our way of life as a race of intelligent beings. It was there I lived and loved, without need, nor want but yet had it all and let it be taken away, without a word.
    A poem 2011
    by Bobby Ray Howle aka Bobbyray
    It's just a theory. Right?

Just goes to prove my theory...those who can do...those who can't, usually run for public office and make life miserable for the rest of us...bunch of damn MORONS !!!!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by semd74 View Post
    Just goes to prove my theory...those who can do...those who can't, usually run for public office and make life miserable for the rest of us...bunch of damn MORONS !!!!!
    Very well said Steve...
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery: