ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new here.. first painting... hmmm

new here.. first painting... hmmm

Hi am new here,
    just started in artrage 3.
    bloody hell it's addicting LOL...
    took ages to do this..
    was working with it small and didin't notice the mistakes on the penguins..
    till i merged and saved and then whammmmmmmooo could see the mistakes.. now can't work out how to fix it without redoing half the frozen lake... grrrrrrr
    it's my first painting in artrage so i know it's not brilliant. but it's a start. :-)
    any help be appreciated thanks.
    and be gentle lol... I'm only new to this lol. :-)

finally uploaded the bloody thing... grrr lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

=)

lol thats sure cute... nice image.. =)

thanks.
    yeah I'm quite thrilled with it.. it looks wicked covering the screen lol.. took ages to rezise was 7.74MB the original lol. unhappy about some of the mistakes but oh well.. still learning. yeah I think it's cute too lol... thanks

It looks very cute !

Next time, you can try to use multiple layers so if you have to change anything the background will not be influenced....
    For example, you put the pinguins on a different layer....on top of the frozen lake....

Very nice first effort.
    I echo Vanity's thinking. Especially when you are starting out, the use of layers can really save some frustration.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Quote Originally Posted by VanityX View Post
    It looks very cute !

Next time, you can try to use multiple layers so if you have to change anything the background will not be influenced....
    For example, you put the pinguins on a different layer....on top of the frozen lake....

yeah I did it on layers... then merged...
    wasn't till AFTER i had merged the bloody thing and then came back and looked at it I saw the mistake grrrr lol. damm thing.
    then it wouln't let me or something.
    oh well ya learn as ya go... and it's fun!!!!

thans for the compliments. I'm addicted to this programme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time do'nt Merge or Merge after all is finished. I never merge....I do not see the point yet of doing that... Most of the time I have two layers, sometimes three.....but I draw different kind of opbjects and style....
    And if you new to painting or ArtRage, you do not have to merge, it's for your own comfort.
    Good Luck next time.....

Quote Originally Posted by VanityX View Post
    Next time do'nt Merge or Merge after all is finished. I never merge....I do not see the point yet of doing that... Most of the time I have two layers, sometimes three.....but I draw different kind of opbjects and style....
    And if you new to painting or ArtRage, you do not have to merge, it's for your own comfort.
    Good Luck next time.....

yeah I didin't realize you DIDDN"T have to merge to save as a jpeg. lol...
    where as with Paint Shop Pro (somethin i've used for years) ya do have to merge to save as jpeg etc.

so will rerember I don't have to merge next time :-)
    cheers and thanks. this newbie needs all the luck she can get lol :P
    sooooooooooooo many tools lol... soooooooo much fun ;-)

A good first try...practice, practice, practice...welcome to the friendly forums
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Peace Angel

Paintings are beautiful in many ways, as yours is. Sometimes it is the appearance. I like the substance, thought, or idea communicated in a painting. Most importantly is how you feel about your painting. Never compare it to other's work. Compare it to your previous work.

And I like penguins.

You spoke of reduction of painting size.

Try this.

http://www.resizemypicture.com/?script_action=process
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)