ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A self portrait....

Wink A self portrait....

I tried to do a self portrait, but every morning I spend about 15 minutes in front of a mirror to renovate myself haha....So I must admit it was al little hard to do the tiny wrinkels and so on as I try to make them invisible every morning. I would rather paint anyone else's portrait....
    It was from a picture I made of myself too trying to look my best....that's why my name is Vanity......I think....
    The picture is my avatar which had too less light on my face which was goooooddd !!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Linda4jpg.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	242.5 KB 
ID:	54572  

Great work. You are quite beautiful. There is a strong resemblance to the great singer - Trisha Yearwood.

My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Nice job Vanity , it must be very difficult to do a self portrait.
    Good job on the hair.
    Not only talented, very pretty too
    Geoff

that's a striking portait! great colors. you have made her very near perfection.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 04-22-2011 at 09:40 PM.

You made a great work on Your self-portrait indeed, also with Your morning invisibility practises I mean, so rather than wrinkles I see a wrinkleless face.
    No surprise after all at hardly than thirty years old and congratulation for Your charming look which deserves a little vanity after all, don't it?
    Anyway, don't worry, I think that in about 100 years from now it should become easier for You to paint Your self-portrait (especially after You made exercises with Rembrandt).
    Last edited by Caesar; 04-08-2011 at 08:10 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks again for the great compliments ! I had to check but I see that I indeed look a little bit like Trisha Yearwood....we have the same kind of sharper model in the nose and the eyes...

I can zoom in to show my wrinkles haha........ but I was so happy that you could not quite see them on the picture....but I am 45....so they belong there I think and they are not very bad....But that is how many women try to live up to some magazine pictures....which are photoshopped so they all look like 30 years old even when they are 60+.

I tried to give it a kind of antique finish like Rembrandt but it does not seem to belong to this face.....

Haha Caesar......in a 100 years...there is not much left to paint, that is right ......
    But every year now, there will be more to paint....
    So I will try it again in e few years...I am not my favorite subject...and see if there is a significant difference that I can paint whithout my vanity getting in the way......

A beautiful painting. A beautiful engaging person.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

Beautiful portrait painting from a very beautiful lady...time marches relentlessly forward, and none of us will escape Father Time...
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

VanityX - very nice portrait... you skill detail of your work is wonderful and always a pleasure to view... quite a striking gaze ...

too karaoke

A very nice composition. I was gonna say a little bit too karaoke if you get my drift, would love to see numerous other variations on it. Though you have done some striking/interesting use with darks, around eyes and such.