ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Can someone help a newbie?

Can someone help a newbie?

I would love to post something I'm working on but when I click on "insert image" it asks for the URL of my image. My image is just a .jpg on my desktop. What do I need to do?
    Rob
    Last edited by robfuzz; 04-08-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Hello robfuzz,

The red text in my attached image explains how to do it (click on the image to see it full size if needed).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manageattachments.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	194.5 KB 
ID:	54534
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

thank you

thanks for the great directions!

No problem

Sos, thanks, I learned something new as well. how do you find the image ID number? that is not the same as the url then? how do you position an image within a post?

Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne View Post
    Sos, thanks, I learned something new as well. how do you find the image ID number? that is not the same as the url then? how do you position an image within a post?

Clicking on the black arrow near the Paperclip icon drops down a menu after you've uploaded an image (see circled area in the image below).

Name:  attach_ex1.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  20.6 KB

Selecting the attachment from the menu will place the image ID (within attach tags) to your post, wherever your text cursor is at the time. You can always move it after the fact, however. So, for this post, I have uploaded two image attachments. The first image is attach_ex1.jpg and by selecting it from the menu, it is dropped into the posting window with an ID of: 54581.The second image, attach_ex2.jpg, is assigned the number ID: 54583. This can be seen in the following image (which is attachment 54583).

Name:  attach_ex2.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  89.3 KB