ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Hidden system files.....

Hidden system files.....

Greetings,

...attempts to access specific files locations on my xp machine have failed.

I'm trying to access "local settings/application data/etc" folders to either load or save images from within ArtRage3.

I know, I can hear it. "What on earth for?" I've a vector program that allows live bitmap edits and stores the temp clipboard file in one of these unavailable
    folders. The process works smoothly but requires a 'save' to the file location as describe.....ArtRage will not let me save [or load] anything from these areas.

Perhaps there is a registry tweak that will remove the current restrictions?

Thanks for any help
    minstrel
    ...the best is yet to come!

Hi Minstrel,

ArtRage itself doesn't have anything internal which will prevent it from saving or loading from specific folders, but it could be prevented by the operating system due to user permissions.

Make sure that you have an administrator account on your system which you are using. Other than that you could check the properties of the folder you're trying to access to make sure that you do have permission to read and write from it.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank You, Dave!

You pointed me into the right direction. It was a simple matter of changing a registry setting. Now I can further expand my use of ArtRage3.

For those who might require same capabilities.....search for "xp show hidden files".

minstrel
    ...the best is yet to come!