ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Try...

Second Try...

Went back to the drawing board on this poster project. This is for a fundraiser for the little league my kids play on. Taking the great advice and tips I had on my last post, I decided to personalize it a little with actual players. The background, home plate, and baseball all painted with brush and knife. The kids were imported into separate layers and touched up with paint to blend with the painting. The flying dirt was created with the crayon tool. Text done in Photoshop. Thanks again for all the feedback on the last poster.

Now I remember why illustration is such a challenging job, my hat goes off to all the illustrators out there!

Thanks for checking it out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shaw Heights 2011_Final_resized 1024.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	255.1 KB 
ID:	54395  
    Last edited by Sketchism71; 04-04-2011 at 09:30 AM.
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

smashing job sketch congrats

Almighty good, Sketch...love the colors and compositios and effects. Be proud of this.!

Oh my gosh, the team must be thrilled with this!

Outstanding !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

You got a really excited and exciting illustration whose strong appeal will certainly be appreciated!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

good work, it carries on the excitment.

Absolutely splendid Sketch... You most certainly hit a home run with this one. Great job!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

A really good eye catching poster with great colours.
    Well done
    Geoff

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
    EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He swings and connects. . . oh this one is OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

And the parents and kids are on their feet!!!!!!!!! GRAND SLAM, Arti-San

With one little PS about the type only cause the pic is great-- 2011 could be spaced more evenly. I know it's how it came out, but tightening the kerning in the two ones, one at a time. The way one assesses the spacing is to think in terms of the amount of overall negative space between the letters and they usually should be roughly equal to the eye. Keeping the type in balance is important.

Right now the 2 and 0 are tight, the next 1 has more space than between the 2 and 0, and then the last 1 is much farther. One usually doesn't bother with this kind of thing for body copy, but headlines/titles are crafted with an eye on proportion.

I do love that image though.

<EDIT: um, on second look the 2 and the 0 might have more space, compared with "SPRING", and you can work out the balance thing however it feels best. But I was hasty in which needs to be spaced differently. But it's the same idea overall.>
    Last edited by D Akey; 04-05-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream