ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Panoramic canvas issue

Panoramic canvas issue

Hi guys!

Okay.. newbie to ArtRage, and I've sent this question to the main guys, but I thought I'd throw it open to the forum too in case anyone else has encountered this (I did do a search, so apologies if this is a repeat question!).

I'm trying the demo version of ArtRage StudioPro 3.0.8 (this may prove to be relevant..) and I'm considering using this to produce artwork beyond normal scopes, into panoramic canvas prints of say 45 inch x 12 inch (for arguments sake). When I set the dimensions (I've tried through both means - Screen Size and Print Size, with a respectable 300dpi) the on-screen canvas seems to max out at the screen display size, rather than perhaps zooming out and showing the correct panoramic aspect canvas, though it does display correctly when the canvas is a lower size of, say, 6 inch x 2 inch. It would be okay if I just had to zoom out manually, but it doesn't seem to create the canvas size I want to work on - as if I'm trying to work on a canvas whose dimensions simply can't be handled by ArtRage.

Am I missing something vital here in the way you create a canvas or have I found a surprise problem by being too ambitious with my canvas size? Any help is appreciated..

It's because you're using the demo version at the moment. The demo is restricted in certain ways, one being canvas size. The full version has no such limits (I just made a canvas 45" x 12", just to be sure).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resized.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	54338
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

All smiles!! :))

Thanks Someonesane.. I was hoping it would be something like that! Nice one bud! )))

I'm 90% certain i'm buying!
    Last edited by Gavrev; 04-03-2011 at 03:46 AM.

No problem.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.