ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Saving selections?

Saving selections?

Greetings. I'm new here and just working on learning to use ArtRage.

Does anyone know if there is a way to save a selection?

Thank you,

willt

Hi Willt, welcome to the forums.

There is no way to save the selections themselves with ArtRage, but there are workarounds that have been discussed for them:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=33804
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Okay, thank you

Got it. The suggestions are in keeping with what I did when the issue came up. Just thought there might be a single step way of doing it.

Regards,
    willt

follow up on saving selections

Hi there someonesane,

Just wanted to mention that I am a professional designer. I like AR and feel it can complement the tools I use. The saving selections issue is crucial to workflow and while I intend to make time to learn AR and put it to work, the inability to save selections will relegate it to a minor role. Is there a way to get this on a wish list?

AR does save local color samples and has the ability to name layers which is excellent and much appreciated.

I love NZ by the way. I have cousins there and when I get the chance I come over for kayaking.

Thanks,

willt

Quote Originally Posted by willt View Post
    there a way to get this on a wish list?

Hi Willt,

Just so there's no confusion, let me mention that I'm just another member of the forums. So I don't hold any real sway with what get's into the program, and what doesn't. I just like to help out here and there. Getting to the point though...

You could always post the idea as a suggestion for future ArtRage releases in the Suggestions forum area, where the ArtRage team will be more likely to spot it when looking for future additions to the program. The topic has been kicking around, so it's possible someone has already suggested it. Though I'm sure the ArtRage team wouldn't mind another persons opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by willt View Post
    I love NZ by the way. I have cousins there and when I get the chance I come over for kayaking.

Cool. I've never kayaking, but I used to do a lot of river Canoeing. I sort of fell out of it over the years, for some reason or another. I've actually been thinking about getting back into it. I miss the water, and God knows I could use some extra exercise.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

This is on our list of suggestions to be considered when we make updates to the software. Thanks for the feedback!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Saving selections addendum

Thanks very much to both respondents. It's appreciated.

willt

This would be a big plus for the designers and commercial artists who are beginning to seriously consider Artrage. It would greatly simplify some common masking tasks.