ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Any help is very welcome.....

Any help is very welcome.....

I have an old "real" painting in my cellar standing around waiting for a place somewhere on a wall when our 60 year old farmhouse that we are renovating is ready.
    A far as I know, my grandfather bought this many many years ago somewhere on a second hand market place in Haarlem, Holland.
    It is somewhat strange because it shows stuff which was not invented yet at that time. It is signed with the name H. Kalwij the date I do not know but I will take a picture of it later.

Some years ago, somebody from my family told me that this painting was hanging in the old railwaystation in Haarlem, but then as a very big reproduction. So I thought, mine is a copy somebody made and it must be a famous painting then. So I would like to know if anyone recognizes this and can tell me who made the original painting back then.

I will attach a picture later today.

It shows a very big hand holding a kind of glass ball which is supposed to be the earth I think, and is probably the hand of God. In this ball you can see some trees, a mammoth. An ape is attached to the mammoth, the ape holds somebody that looks more human which is holding a smaller better looking human which is holding a child and the child is holding something that looks like a sattelite or something. On top of the "earth" there is some galactic thing which I am not sure what to call that.
    It is probably the evolution of mankind and some science developement....

So I have been searching the Internet for years now to find this "original" painting and artist but I come up with nothing....I have been looking at most of the famous dutch painters to see if anyone of them made this but did not find it. Also the name H. Kalwij is not to be found. I do not have a very great knowledge of Art I must admit.....and I know there are many people here who do....

Maybe this sounds recognizable to any of you ?

If you post a picture of it, there are search machines that can look for the same image of your picture.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

I did not know that that's possible Hans...
    I took it out of the cellar today, dusted it off and took these pictures.... It looks a little bit more bright than it actually is because of my camera...
    And it is sligthly different from my discription haha...

It says, H.Kalwij sept. '70
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000kalwij.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	479.6 KB 
ID:	54318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000kalwij2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	463.8 KB 
ID:	54319  

I have tried some reverse picture search engines but no result. It is funny to see what GazoPa comes up with.....

Looks like the work of maybe an amateur artist around 1970. Can't find anything on an artist with that name.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 04-28-2011 at 06:39 PM.

The name is H. Kalwij , which sounds as a dutch name to me. And it was made in sept, 1970. But if they actually had this hanging in the railwaystation in Haarlem than some other painter must have painted this and this is an amateur who made a copy...
    It looks like a copy, there is a visible mistake made with the thumb.
    I am curious who the original painter was before this person mad his version of it.
    Maybe I try to contact the Museum in Haarlem, they can probably tell me if there had ever been an original which was hanging in the railwaystation.