ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Just for Fun

Just for Fun

It's been so long since I actually drew a human figure or portrait and this is from my imagination. I want to do more shading although I wasn't going for realism. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work." - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

Nice one.
    I would scale down the grain in the paper settings. And besides shades, add highlight too. I look forward to seeing it.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Thanks for the input!
    When I was a teen, my mother always commented that I overwork a portrait and put in too much detail. She was right. This time, I figured I'd work from my imagination and do the exact opposite. I've never been good at "cartoons" or caricatures. So I wasn't sure how far to take this. I kinda like this, but I also can't wait to see where I take it. LOL
    Man, I love ArtRage! It's so easy to use! I had fallen in love with Painter, but it has a definite learning curve!
    "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work." - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

good drawing.
    May be, it depend on what you want to show, you ca ntry to paint over the portrait, some lines lighter, with white for instance, only to give a volume to the face, and an alive expression.
    TRy only to feel how you can change the result.
    experience comes from bad judgements, good judgements come from experience (old wise indian proverb)

Quote Originally Posted by danbo
    good drawing.
    May be, it depend on what you want to show, you ca ntry to paint over the portrait, some lines lighter, with white for instance, only to give a volume to the face, and an alive expression.
    TRy only to feel how you can change the result.
    Thanks, Danbo, you're right. I've left this alone for awhile and looking at it again, I really should go into it with full highlights and shading to suggest the contures of a human face. Thanks for the input! 8)