ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April ArtRageUS is ready README Please

Exclamation April ArtRageUS is ready README Please

Hi all you Ragers,

PLEASE READ this note.

I am in need of Adobe Acrobat to put this mag together, I have fought the elements of using cheap crap programs for 15 months now and it has been a real hardship on me being unemployed for years now. . I need $$$ to buy the program. If you can donate a dollar it will help me a lot to make the mag much easier to put together and make it more professional looking.

IF You can donate one dollar and pick up the April Issue on the website www.artrageus.net Donate button is at the top of the page.
    We recieved one $25 donation for the website renewal. I need your support to keep our magazine going and to make it better.
    UPDATE: Donations recieved total = $340 April 13, 2011 and we need another $109 to buy adobe acrobat X Pro. Thank you all....!

Also we need ipad art submissions. Gzairborne has kicked off the ipad section with a wonderful presentation and we thank him for all his hard work but now it is up to me to do it unless another rager volunteers each month.

We also need new art in your personal gallery for the Artist Portal. Some Ragers have signed up and have no new art or even a gallery. Please name your files: title/yourscreenname.jpg this helps me a lot.

Thanks guys for your support and interest in ArtRageUS Magazine
    Bobbyray
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bobbyray; 04-14-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Software question

BobbyRay,
    Are you on a PC or MAC? A MAC can make a pdf from any application using the PRINT function. What page make up software are you using? For instance InDesign lets you make PDFs without Acrobat. I think Quark XPress has the same capabilities. Your PDFs look like you're using some raster app, like Photoshop. All your type is rasterized with noticeable raster artifacts. A PDF should have real type, not raster type (makes for smaller file sizes). I'm not sure just getting Adobe Acrobat is the solution to your problem. Acrobat if I remember correctly makes PDFs from exported EPS files. Can your software export as an EPS? I'll be happy to donate, but I think you may need some more research or advice. Someone more informed than me may be able to help.

Hi Mike

I have tried many free programs and am now using Nitro Pro which is a headache too. The current April issue is not a true pdf pages. We had a problem and had to convert to image pages. With Adobe Acrobat I can make real pdf pages without the headaches and problems. A few of our vols have it and it is great to work with.

Thanks so much for your input.....it is appreciated greatly!

Thanks for hangin with ArtRageUS magazine

Bobbyray

This looks great, and interesting
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Great issue again. Waheed is a super-painter in my opinion (actually I think a quite shared one).
    Congratulations to him and to ARUS team.
    As for the rest, mission accomplished!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Exclamation ArtRageUS Donations UPDATE

HI guys and thanks for the kind words and donations!

The cost of Adobe Acrobat Pro X is $449..us

I have recieved $312.00 in donations so far.....
    as of April 4, 2011

I have downloaded the 30 day full use trial and I have to say WOW. After using all the other partial pdf programs and software, this is like driving the Space Shuttle um on autopilot. Amazing...

It is not as complicated to learn as I thought it would be..so I am making the May Issue with it and you will all see a big difference in our Magazine quality. A BIG Thanks again to those ragers whom have donated even $1 dollar on www.artrageus.net toward this goal.

I might even have time to do more art.....wo

Bobbyray
    Last edited by Bobbyray; 04-05-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Thumbs up Bumping up message

Bumping up message

Thumbs up

Bumping up message ........