ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How to do straight lines?

How to do straight lines?

Hello!

I am new to ArtRage and looking for the tool to make simple straight lines (not freehand).

Thanks for help!

Hummer

Straight lines.

Good morning! I'm new here, too. This is what I've learned. For a straight line: press the control button, then hold it down while you drag the cursor along whatever path you've chosen for your line. Lift the cursor first, then the control button. I hope you have as much fun with this as I have.

You can also use the Ruler Stencil, right click and put it in guide mode. It will then hold in place while you
    use it to make your straight line, or straight edge.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Put a real ruler on your tablet or desk and run your stylus or mouse along that.

using the ctrl button and dragging your cursor is more fun lol...you can drag straight lines of stickers as well this way

even stuff like this ( tho ive no idea why lol) if you play with settings long enough
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whirly.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	54239  
    Last edited by moosie; 04-01-2011 at 02:55 AM.
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Straight Lines

Yes! I've learned to make sticker sprays and have gone nuts with them. Love to put them in straight rows.

The ruler was hard for me to handle until I read somewhere in this forum how to go to the menu of the Stencil when it's in the Active Window (little lines that appear under the eye) and "set ruler angle" so I could make lines perpendicular or parallel to the page.

I read bits of the forums every day-- I have the attention span of a kitten, so I find something to learn and then practice it until I can learn the next tool. I search the forum by using Google. "ArtRage, straight lines"

I also read the "suggestions" section so I know what I can't yet expect to do. I practice with the tutorials over and over again until it sticks.

You will have so much fun with this program.

Thanks a lot!

Now my next question is how to make a radius? ; ]

Greets Hummer

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    Now my next question is how to make a radius? ; ]

I suppose you're looking to draw a circle, then? You'll need to use a stencil for that, if you're looking to create an outline. Just be sure to set the stencil to use the Ruler or Guide mode, so that the line sticks to the edge (right click on the stencil and you'll see the options). You could create an ellipse with the selection tool, but that's really only useful for color fills.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stencils.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	54240
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.