ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sweden

Sweden

Sweden - My kind of town. Sweden is my kind of town,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sweden.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	239.1 KB 
ID:	54213  

This is the swedish flag in bold metallic paint ... but Sweden is a whole country not a town so I didn't understand the didascaly in full ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Nice graphic. I love the use of the tools to be used in an sort of Pop (?) version of the flag.

Anyway, it's really a pleasurable surprise opening this one cause I also had a fondness for the metallic sloshy tool but could find precious few uses for it. This is a good use for sure.

<Edit: Casear, it's an idiom that began referring to a town -- mostly used in songs, like "My kind of town, Chicago is. . ." (he likes it), and also in sayings like "New York is one tough town. . ." (hard to make a success in).

So people have sort of bastardized the expression and use "town" as a generic statement of place with allusions to the old sayings for spice. I'm assuming that's what he meant.>
    Last edited by D Akey; 03-31-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

... ... thank You, dear D Akey for the explanation and the examples of the idiomatic broader use of the word town as place (btw the examples would be clear and the same in Italian too, with Chicago and New York, being actually towns).
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

You got it.

P.D. The Jester

This is also for my Mom, the Queen of Sweden (figuratively), and for me to check on my status for political asylum.