ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: File Too Large

File Too Large

I have tried to upload art. I am advised the file is too large each time. What's the secret?

If you're attempting to share an image here on the forums, you should Export the image as a .jpeg, rather then Saving it as ArtRages native .PTG format. Here's how to Export an image:
    1 - Open the image in ArtRage.

2 - Click on File and then select the Export Image File option.

3 - Type in a name for the image file where it says File Name, and then select .jpeg where it say Save as Type.

4 - Click on the Save button to finish the Exporting process.
    If you're still getting an error, it's possible the height/width for the image is to large. If that's the case, you'll need to rescale the image using the Resize the Painting option, found under the Edit tab. The Max height/width allowed on the forums is 2000.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

If you're trying to upload a painting to the forums, you can view a guide here on how to do it: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Posting Paintings

I thank you both for helping me. I read the posts daily and you are the go to guys. However, I cannot locate the "New Thread" button.

I have been able to post some of my lessor works, but even with exporting to jpeg, the file is too large.

Any more advice.

P.D.

Quote Originally Posted by P. D. Dinkles View Post
    I cannot locate the "New Thread" button.

It should be in the same place it was when you made this thread . I've pointed it out in the screen shot attachment though .

Quote Originally Posted by P. D. Dinkles View Post
    I have been able to post some of my lessor works, but even with exporting to jpeg, the file is too large.

How large is files size in terms of KB? The forums only allow for images up to 488.3 KB.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newthread.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	54152
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

The Bees Knees

Guys (Someonesane, DaveRage):

You are the bees knees. Thanks for the help. Got some of my stuff uploaded. You are the go-to-guys.