ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: pencil tilt?

pencil tilt?

Hi Rage team,
    just read a discussion recently in the suggestion forum about tilt sensitivity of pencil.
    So just for my clarification is the pencil tool tilt sensitive?
    (I'm not talking about the tilt in the settings panel but the tilt of the pen)
    I ask since I have not found any evidence of tilt sensitivity.
    Any clarification would be nice.
    ta,
    flyashy
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

My recent observation shows that IT IS, contrary to my past comments. Easy way to prove that is: set "Tilt Angle" to 100%, and then make few lines changing tilt of your pen. I have Bamboo at home /no tilt/ and it's has totally different behavior, compared to my Intuos 3 pen at work /with tilt support/.
    "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

hy flyashy

as Borilius said, "set Tilt Angle to 100%, and then make few lines changing tilt of your pen" - it works with pencil and airbrush

I scribbled something (using Intuos4's standard grip pen) so you can see the difference.

pencil 50% tilt
    airbrush 100% tilt

as to not break my wrist, I just rotated the canvas (0 - 90 - 180 - 270) to virtually change the tilt of my pen
    Attached Images Attached Images   

hmm, thanks guys.
    I did a few experiments myself and figured out that what I expected from the tilt was emulated tilt of the pencil rather than the direction control that artrage provides. y'know like real life pencil.
    I wish it did though. (the air brush does!)
    oh well...
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.