ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope for Providence (4 versions now)

Hope for Providence (4 versions now)

After the great tutorial by Weeks, I started testing pre-sets for some texturized background and I went on trying a conceptual compostion, a little surreal, symbolistic and, to certain extent, abstract.
    Not really an artpiece, but it was funny and interesting for me to compose and I hope You may like this quite unusual visual fantasy flight too.

Following Oriane's suggestion, I also tried three more versions I attach herebelow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hope for Providence.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	53976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hope for Providence4.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	53980   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hope for Providence5.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	53981   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hope for Providence7.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	53982  
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-25-2011 at 01:48 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Waouu Caesar, you're on the move

Very proud of...

Best

Weeks
    ps : i like the symbolistic° ;-)

Love the colors and contrast...very nice piece you have done
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Caesar, a brilliant artistic vision of the harrowing reality in flames... a well-run with this technique, the textures work well. If you allow me a small suggestion, I would erase the small black frame and the black track sloping from the upper right (which looks like the continuity of the frame, and that distracts our attention from this fantastic painting)

Thank You, dear Weeks! I didn't produced custom pre-sets this far though, as I noticed You smartly did (except for several stickers some time ago which shoulòd be used at higher transparencies anyway) and it's not easy to decide what would deserve to become a sticker (which would then have to be turned pure red to use colors normally) or a even sheet grain.

Thank You, dear Semd74! I'm usually not an abstract painter and I probably don't have that artistic sensitivity, but I like making weird compositions sometimes ...

Dear Oriane, thank you for Your insightful observation! I progressively removed along what You said and added some little reworks. There are three more version I selected in my progressive changes I attached herebove too. Thank You very much!

Caesar - quite a departure from your other work, but a great experiment. I think these are important explorations the lessons learned will work their way back into your other works and enrich them all the more... try some more. I would love to see them

Very, Very nice Caesar, the third one is my favorite, but I do like them all

I love 'em Caesar. Keep pushing it.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Thank you very much, dear Sandra! I think I should seek for and go on some of Your and Pete's tutorial though, to improve abstract design techniques and tricks, should I proceed again with abstacts and grow exponentially the possibilities domain.

Dear Gxhpainter, actually in many cases I got weird and often impressive effects and abstracts in the past, stemming out from some peculiar explorations on some AR tools. Therefore I've disseminated my galley with a few of these departures. Should You like I may recollect some of them.
    On the other hand, unfortunately I've been rarely so disciplined to record somehow and store many of my discoveries and even less to plan for and proceed using them extensively on my works, which are mostly fast ones, probably because I don't get money from them, just fun.
    I thank You very much for You warm comment though and I'll try my best to go on with some other surprise each and then I hope You will like too.

Dear Pat, I must confess that I tend to agree with You on the version I like the most! Thank You!

Dear Master Byron, if this is Your approval and blessing for me going on with similar crazy and unbridled compositions, I cannot but gratefully thank for Your appreciation and obey!