ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: after noon

after noon

Hi All
    This is my 3rd attempt. C&C welcome.
    Sitll struggling with color blending and painting gradient. any thoughts ?
    Thanks for viewing .
    cheers
    Alan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	afternoon.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	53970  

Wonderful effort I think. I love your colors and the fluid treatment of the material. If you're asking for input you might consider playing with the composition which, for me, forces my eyes to the center of the painting rather than the beautifully executed left and right panels. The painting is rich with lots of interesting things to explore. Playing with the composition might further help move the viewer's eyes around to find all the goodies. Setting aside that consideration, I really like the painting and how you handle the paint. I'm looking forward to following your posts.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

I love this, especially the sunlight and shadows. Beautiful rich colors!

What an evocative urban life painting! Your confidence with colors and brushstrokes is impressive and this style and theme reminds much also that of the great art OrianeLima exhibit here.
    You may certainly form a new virtual painting school ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I like this painting. It tells a story and the colors and the way they are painted show the good, sure style. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    Wonderful effort I think. I love your colors and the fluid treatment of the material. If you're asking for input you might consider playing with the composition which, for me, forces my eyes to the center of the painting rather than the beautifully executed left and right panels. The painting is rich with lots of interesting things to explore. Playing with the composition might further help move the viewer's eyes around to find all the goodies. Setting aside that consideration, I really like the painting and how you handle the paint. I'm looking forward to following your posts.

thank you for ponting out the compositon problem. I totally agree with you. When i paint this , I have a photo to refer and more concentrate on color blending , stroke techniques etc , as a beginner of using Artrage.

To answer your question , I squzee the paints from the tube on the place roughly where they should to be , then blend with pellete knife. I can not remember the settings for the knife exactly , coz i kept changing it during the process. I will keep track next time. I am more than happy to exchange and learn from you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    What an evocative urban life painting! Your confidence with colors and brushstrokes is impressive and this style and theme reminds much also that of the great art OrianeLima exhibit here.
    You may certainly form a new virtual painting school ...
    hahahah
    Hi Caesar,
    I really want to learn from you how to do the protrait , how make the canvas looks like the real canvas in terms of texture, and how to download the tools and use them on mac computer...just too many
    I fund artrage is too powerful and way much stuff waits me to explore....it makes me rage

MacPix
    Jasminek
    Alexandra
    Thank you all for the kind encouragement!
    Happy Rage!
    Alan

LOLI don't know much about Mac, but as for the canvas, I suggest You to use as a bace the essential canvas.
    As for portraits and caricatures, I didn't fix any smart procedure as yet for making polished and perfect ones, so I've got more or less the same problems and each one of my attempt has a sensibly different style from the other ones.
    Anyway thank You for Your kind reply.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!