ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunshine and Lollipops

Sunshine and Lollipops

With everything going on in the world today, I can't help but to think about the world my (our) kids will grow up in. This was an image that came to me late one night as I was trying to sleep. Eventually our kids will have to learn that this world isn't all sunshine and lollipops. It's a shame but perhaps they will have the answers we have yet to come up with... I hope!!!

Anyway... I just felt this image needed a little history of its creation. As always, thanks for checking it out!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Sketch, what a powerful statement, this really makes you sit up and take notice, if one has not done that, it is very sad to see how things are getting destroyed and killed in our world, and I hope you are right in saying that maybe the children of today may take a stand in the future, you have expressed your fears so well in your wonderful painting, sad but true.....Pat

I agree Sketch thats its a very worrying future but hope springs eternal. A powerful, moving and well painted picture
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

For us, the future has arrived. Nobody could imagine these situations 50 years ago. If nothing changes, the line is already drawn ... artists like you, know how to represent this reality with emotion and lyricism. Congratulations.

Wow! Talk about a picture being worth a 1,000 words.....
    Your painting really drives home the point.
    Great job Sketch
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Dearest Eddie, This should be poster sized and placed all over the world. Here we are on a planet of immeasurable natural energies and power to harness free or with low cost to its inhabitants, and still mankind still does not understand basic needs. Wasteful and greedy. It is as if there is a deliberate dumbing down mankind. It is my hope that people will stop turning their heads and ignoring what is happening. Sorry to rant so Eddie. I love your painting and as always top notch.

Eddie - outstanding - I echo Barnburner's "a picture is worth a thousand words" - and this is a touching one with which to say them. Showed this one to Rosy who, like me, finds it a moving statement brought to life by a compassionate and concerned creative energy well placed.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

This gave me chills. I agree that this should be a poster!

Impressive and wordlessly eloquent image!
    You're a communication genius apart from a great artist, as evident in this deceivingly simple and certainly powerful painting which is poetry too!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

With the hazards of nuclear energy, the insane cost (and depletion) of oil, and the seemingly lack of interest to use renewable and safe methods of energy (solar and wind), I felt the need to express myself the best way I know how...Art! I feel defeated and frustrated at times how the greed of the very few triumphs over the creation of a safe sustainable future for the majority.

My kids, 6 and 8, didn't understand this painting when they saw it but it opened a door for discussion about our world and how it works. That alone was reason enough to paint it!

Thank you ALL for your wonderful feedback on this. Your comments are always inspiring and you make my day brighter!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle