ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Import several images at once?

Import several images at once?

Hi, it has a been a very long time since my last appearance here.

I would like to ask you something about an issue related to artrage. I think it is very easy to answer but I must confess I did not spent too much time searching for that.
    I am going to start using AR as an image colouring tool, and for that I will have to import several images into AR in order to do the job. But, till now I was not able to import more than one picture/image at the same time, but I will need to do this for several items, and doing one by one will be too much work.
    I know I can import them as PSD files, like a sequence with all its layers, but that is not the case.

Is AR capable of doing this?

Thank you in advance for any tips about this, it will be of great help.

And what about the programers, are they intending to do something similar on the future with AR?
    kaiko

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do there. Do you want to work on multiple separate paintings at the same time, or just import multiple images to layers in the same painting?

If you are using ArtRage Studio or Studio Pro and you want to import multiple images, each to its own layer in the same painting, drag all the images at once on to the ArtRage window and choose 'Import to layer' to do this. Alternatively, you can load individual images to separate layers via File -> Import Image to layer.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I get the idea that they may want to be able to perhaps shift and click several images and click ok and have them all come in, versus having to do the operation several times for each single image. I could be wrong though.

Kaiko, is what you're wanting to do is take multiple images and put them on one painting as different layers? If so, the best way to this is to put the images you want in the same folder, ctrl+left click them and then drag them to the ArtRage window. It will ask you what you wish to do with them (four choices, I believe); just click on your choice and it transfers them all there.

Now, I have Studio Pro, so I don't know if you can do that in an older version of ArtRage.

DaveRage, MagenSparks, Muir Dragonne.

Thank you so much each one of you for your time writing me.

My English was not very clear, that causes the confusion.

What MagenSparks wrote is exactly what I wanted to write, "having them all (images) come in, avoiding having to do the operation several times".

DaveRage and Muir Dragonne, you has just gave me a nice tip, "to drag several images at once and paste them to the AR window. That will save me a lot of time!

I am using AR pro.

Another question came up to my mind and it is related to these images. What about if I have those images imported as you described (imported to layers), and I would like to have, in a quick way, only one of those layers visible.
    I have tried to turn off the layer visibility while I was working on a picture with several other pictures as a layers, and I got a lot of time to disable the visibility to all of them. Is there a way to do it just like one click for all the layers?

Thank you very much for your concern.

kaiko
    kaiko

Hi Kaiko,

No problem, to have just one layer visible, open the layers panel then hold down the ALT key and left click on the hide/show icon for that layer. All other layers will be hidden. Using ALT click again will make all layers visible.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

That is fantastic indeed to be able to do that!

Thank you Dave, you and your collegues all have just gave me the right answers that I was looking for.

I have not had the right time to post new images among you in the gallery. But I am intending to do it so as soon as I have some news.

I am Ok with the answers!
    See you another time

kaiko
    kaiko