ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A new painting

Thumbs up A new painting

Using different tools w/ArtRage Pro and learning all the fun/amazing things I can do. Playing once a week now and making a new piece of art each week. It will be fun to look back in a year and see how my skills have grown. Used trace and reference tools and some new knife presets on this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i still love you.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	317.8 KB 
ID:	53821  

I like very much this gentle and delicate experiment with a nice composition of neutralised charming colors and an lively red accent on the dark fence pattern to attract on the focus almost on the right spot according to the golden rule.
    Very good and welcome!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I love the way the red bird stands out from the soft background. A lot of feeling in this.

Welcome! I really like this. Has a really nice feeling to it. Of course, Redbirds are one of my favorite birds, so I'm a bit biased..
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Ok, this is a subforum for critique, so I hope that my opinion shouldn't be taken too bad. It is a great painting, with great atmosphere and brave and successful composition. But I would say that all the good things that were aceived with this painting are betrayed by the large flat areas left here and there. For example, top left sky is solid single color, than the brown bench at the very bottom is totally flat brown. I think some graduation and/or some texture need to be added added to these areas to make this very good painting finished.