ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Moving reference picture

Moving reference picture

It happens when you move your reference image within the frame (not move the ref pod to other locations but move ref picture inside the pod): If you are using that move tool on top (a cross cursor), and when your mouse touched the top or any edge of your screen, the ref image stops to move.

Quite often I put my ref image on top of the screen. But it annoys me everytime I was trying to move my ref image up and touch the edge. I have to drag the ref pod down and move the ref image up (within the pod) and drag the ref pod back up.

Hope there is a better way to move ref images. How about hold down a key and drag?

Hi Albert,

Holding Shift and Left Click-Dragging over the reference image, allows it to be moved. Ctrl and Left Click-Dragging left or right will scale the image down and up.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

No I am saying it is more like a bug when you use the move cursor the ref image stops moving if your mouse touched the screen border. But it makes sense, since you can only paint the area you see.

Maybe cancel out the move cursor and replace it with scroll bars. The zoom in/out tool works fine.

I must be having an airhead sort of day. I don't think I understand, still. Are you using the actual "Move tool" itself, or are you just referring to the cursor that changes over to the moving cursor?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

There's no need to move the pod. Every time you click on the move tool it lets you move the image some more (like the way a mouse works). Hope that makes sense!
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

Quote Originally Posted by terrygillooly View Post
    There's no need to move the pod. Every time you click on the move tool it lets you move the image some more (like the way a mouse works). Hope that makes sense!
    Say if I have a 3000 px height 100% ref image in the pod, and I want to move from the top to bottom, I would have to move it like 50 times (as you said) like that cuz Im touching the screen top edge everytime.

Drag the pod down would allow me move 1000 px each time, which will only take 3 times to do.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by gb_whisper View Post
    Say if I have a 3000 px height 100% ref image in the pod, and I want to move from the top to bottom, I would have to move it like 50 times (as you said) like that cuz Im touching the screen top edge everytime
    That's true. Have you tried Someonesane's suggestion of Shift key+drag? I think it helps somewhat.

I like the idea of scrollbars, although it wouldn't be very aesthetically pleasing. Maybe if you can click and hold on an arm of the crosshairs to quickly scroll in that directions?
    Cat Boxes, a web comic