ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary

Anniversary

Tomorrow is a quite particular anniversary we're celebrating with a big feast starting this night!
    Italy complete re-unification, against all odds and some unwilling then super-powers, occurred 150 years ago and Rome was restored as our sole capital after about 1400 years.

I wish therefore share our jubilee with You all with an AR composition where three of the greatest men of our Risorgimento, great personalities renown all over the world too, appear together around our flag:

Giuseppe Mazzini
    Camillo Benso, Count of Cavour
    Giuseppe Garibaldi

Many other actors sacrificing their doom were left, including the King Vittorio Emanuele II, but the above trio was an absolutely outstanding one.
    Mazzini was the only intellectual to really impress the famous Austrian Prince Metternich, one of the greatest diplomat ever, for the width of his mind.
    Camillo Benso planned and achieved patiently what seemed a mission impossible politically .
    Garibaldi was an atypical general and hero well know both in South America and in Europe, capable to fight for ideals and justice everywhere and to lead his boys and win under any condition and against anyone, including the Austrians and the legendary Prussian troops when they made war to France and defeated French army at Sedan.

More modestly, I'd like to celebrate too our recent saturday victory against France in the 6 nations tournement of Rugby, a sport which is much respected and admired here, but which is not one of our most popular ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Italy 150th anniversary.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	53717  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar, congratulations to the Italian people. Beautiful tribute mate.

Buon compleanno all'Italia anche da parte mia
    Grazie Cesare
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Dear Caesar, Congratulations to you and yours! Celebrate and enjoy! thank you for the history lesson, good to remember that the strugle for independence and freedom is never ending, Party On!!! xox

Caesar, hope you and yours have a wonderful celebration, party on thanks for the history.......Pat

beautiful poster. congratulations to Italia on 150 year anniversary!

Congrats Ceasar to you and yours. Thanks for both the history lesson and terrific poster.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Wonderful poster Caesare;... and so good that you stayed together till nowdays...look what happened to us... i still cannot comprehend it how it could happen, but it did...just because of greed....Have not heard about nobody else but Garibaldi...
    So, be happy and celebrate!

Congratulations to you and your beautiful country!

Thank You all, dear friends!

Dear Anna, to Your historical benefit as European native I add herebelow some info.

The XIX century in Europe has been a century of great changes, as You know. Italy had a parallel history with Germany and they got united together, Germany driven by the Prussian king and Italy by Piedmont and Sardinia king, with much more contribution from patriots too.
    After all Germany and Italy had for long times towns governments and then little separated states stemming from the Sacred Germanic Roman Empire while other nations were in the process to be unified.
    It took three Indepences war for us to get free from Austria. In that period people of Poland, Hungary were also under Austrians, like Italy and Greeks under Turkey. Our national hymns cites for instance Poland too.
    They felt all more than ever brother and siste nations with each other.
    An Hungarian patriot and general was among the victims of the Roman Republic, when the Pope was sent away in 1848 and a Republic established with by far the most advanced constitution then, all equals, democracy, no death punishment, everybody had vote right (men), any religion admitted.
    Mazzini was there too to lead that republic for few months, attacked by French, Spanish and Southern Borbonic troops who restored the Pope-King.
    He was exiled many times and founded movements all over Europe, not only the Giovane Italia (Young Italy), but also the Giovane Germania (Germany) and also the Giovane Europa (Europe) with people and intellectual from all over the continent since he was preaching for a federated Europe with all sister nations set free and under a republic. More than one century before what actually happened.
    Cavour was instead the Piedmont and Sardinia prime minister and corresponds almsot perfectly to the Prussian Otto von Bismark (I hope You know about) as role and capability for unifying our respective nations.
    He had also an international stature even if Italy did not exist as well. Piedmont soldiers took part also to the Crimea War and to the Chinese Boxer Revolt.
    Glad You knew at Least Giuseppe Garibaldi who is well known also in South America as far as I know.

All the three were far little from mere nationalistic and internal policy problems and fame; their ideas and deeds were pretty wide, open, international. In our best moments and with our best men, Italy and Italians always had the belief that good ideals, hopes, rules, knowledge, values are universal ones, widely applicable and recognized; this since the Roman Empire, its ruling and the possibility for anyone in the Empire to become Roman Citizen and have chances whenever the value was adequate. After all Italy was the considerably oldest sister (with the Greece) among the European nations and a great continuous civilization reference starter and re-starter across so many centuries.

I'm very proud to be Italian,very proud to be European and very proud and interested to see the whole mankind as brothers and sisters and to learn from and give to all of them!
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-18-2011 at 12:46 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!