ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage Feature - Preview Window

ArtRage Feature - Preview Window

Hi...just a suggestion for one of the features of ArtRage.

I'm constantly working zoomed in on grandscale paintings. It's sometimes hard to see how the details I'm working on play out in the over-all finished image.

The layer/preview pane is helpful but it is very tiny. I'd like an additional scaleable preview window. Also a scaleable moveable preview area so you can see as much as or little of the overall image as desired. It's very important that it is of all complete layers.

This would be to simulate what it would be like to step back for a second (without needing to reset the zoom and reselect layers).

Thanks! This program is really remarkable!

catcha later,
    Kep
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think this is a good idea. Another possible option would be to have a zoom toggle that flips between fit on screen and last zoom level/location. I only offer that up as a potentially easier implementation if they can't or don't want to do your full suggestion.

David

Hi Kepster. Welcome to the forums. That's a good suggestion - I agree there needs to be some way of seeing your overall work when you're zoomed in.

Now, are you going to post the picture in the gallery? I'd love to see the completed work!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Good proposal Kepster, I also zoom out to see the full picture then zoom in quite often.
    I'd even support DrZeller a bit more, because I don't like my screen crowded, so a key that would toggle between fit on screen and your current zoom level would be perfect to me.
    Old

Another welcome to the forums, Kep. I'll add my support to this suggestion, and prefer it to drzeller's alternative solution. Zooming frequently and quickly in and out like that would nauseate me and make me go cross-eyed. =] Also, I think there's something to be said for having the preview there *while* working, rather than having to alternate views. Still, I understand the spirit in which the suggestion was made, and do support it as a backup. =)

Hey whatever you guys want to do is cool. I'm working at 100% here, it would be nice to see the whole picture.

It's either that or I buy a really huge monitor. But then who knows maybe I'd do something crazy like try and paint a mural on my computer. :wink:

Hmm :idea: I could do murals on the my computer and get one of those fancy 12' canvas printers that those artists with a lotta $$ have now. :shock: I think I need some upgrades on my computer.

~for viewing of my many completed ArtRage assisted works drop by my gallery at >> http://kepster.deviantart.com/ << ~

good idea!

i woudl love that for the current piece im working on!

wlecome and woudl love to see that finsihed painting youre working on in the gallery!
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

@Kepster: Furocious. Hehehehehe. Have you joined the ArtRage group on dA yet? =)

To all: Found this while clicking around dA just now. Thought it pretty much expresses things perfectly:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/30215854/

*giggle*

ArtRage group on DA? This is the 1st I've heard of it. :P

I love this idea! I can think of many many times that I would like to have an overview while I'm doing detail. Great idea.

Would be nice to be able to size the windows for this process too.