ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: how to open col files

how to open col files

how can I open COL preset files without having to Pay for " Paretologic File Cure"? and other programs??. I tried to save col presets under jpeg but didn't work. I need to get paints and brushes and canvas presets.

Paretologic File Cure?

.Col files are special files created with ArtRage, for use in the Color Samples panel. Users can select colors from the color picker, the canvas, or reference images, and save those colors to the Local, or Global Color Sample categories. The Local category is session specific. So if one closes and opens ArtRage at a later time, those samples will not be present. Samples saved in the Global category, will be saved until one manual removes it. So if one closes and opens ArtRage, the samples put in the Global area, will still be there. Users can opt to save the samples in either category for later use, or for sharing them, by creating a .col file. To do so, open the Color Samples panel, click on its Menu tab and select either the "Export Local Color Samples", or the "Export Global Color Samples". If a user wishes to use those saved .col files, one must open the Color Samples panel, click on the menu tab, and select either the "Import New Global Color Sample Set", or the "Import New Local Color Sample Set", and then select the .col of choice.

Image files, such as .jpg, .jpeg, .png, etc and be use as a Color Picker. The Color Picker is the normal color selection panel, located on the bottom right of the screen. To load an image into the Color Picker, left click on the color tab, select the "Select Color Picker from Disk" option, and select the image you wish to use.

Brush presets are saved as .prs files. Each .prs file MUST be placed within the proper presets folder. For example, if one download a preset for the Palette Knife tool, that .prs file must be placed within the Palette Knife folder, located within the Presets folder. The simplest way to ensure this, is to open ArtRage, select the tool one has a preset for, open the Presets Panel, and select the "Import Preset to Collection" option from its menu tab.

Canvas presets are saved as .cpr files. These files must be placed within the Canvases folder. The easiest way to ensure they are saved to correct location, is to open ArtRage, open the Canvas Panel, select a group (or create one), clicking on the "Import Preset" button, and then selecting the .cpr file you wish to import.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you so much, I had no idea what I was doing.