ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Explorations

Explorations

Here's a painting I made starting from a palette I got from three starting colors,plus white and black and very loosely inspired (it's quite different and far from a copy) to a master I appreciate and who was a reference for great American illustrators of the past.
    Oil and knife, one layer. Not really an accurate work on figures and the rest and without any preliminary study.
    It was just a self-training, but I hope it's good enough to see ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrankBrangwynInspired.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	474.8 KB 
ID:	53554  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Excellent, Caesar!
    choosing the words, we lose thoughts
    facebook, B, tumblr

Caesar, love the colors, so classic... love the figure, coming gently out of the background. It is prima.. as we would say...:-)...like this..a lot.

Dear Mike, the difficulty mixing the colors in AR (true mode) is that You cannot get the darker or lighter tones by merely thinning or de-thinning the color You pick from the palette. Moreover, by mixing, You don't get a darker tone that that of the darkest component. Thank You!

Dear Anna, prima is an expression I know from German, thank You! It's curious to notice how different colors look like from one screen to another one of mine ones! It's not that good in my view, but here and there there are some interesting colors tones and contrasts.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar, this is wonderful, love the texture, you are so good with textures and colors, magnificent job

A very fine painting (as usual)
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

I think everything about this scene is wonderful, put just a small question .. what is coming over the fellows shoulder?

Unhappy

I find it lovely Caesar. It reminds me a bit of a style that was common in illustrated stories for young people when I was growing up. You've got a knack for so many different styles. Your expression here is quite effective. You're little "studies" show how much you've continually developed art and skills all applied to an eclectic exploration of your various muses.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

I love these colors and Facial features wonderful