ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Tracing problem

Tracing problem

Hi, When I import a tracing image it remains very faint, even with 100 % opacity. The biggest problem however is that a thick black line used for the tracing just shows up as a faint grey line and only is visible as a black line when I hide the tracing image.
    This seems very unpractible. I really want to have a strong visible line when tracing, certainly because of my bad eye sight.
    Has anybody have a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

The Tracing feature can be thought of as a projection, being shown on the canvas (which is why it covers the paint you're laying down). It's main benefit, in my opinion, is that it allows one to pull paint directly from the image, quickly, and precisely. For those looking to work over the image itself, one might look into importing the image as both a tracing, and as an imported layer. This would allow for the tracing image to be hidden (so there would be no white overlay), while being able to trace over the image itself on the bottom layer (see attached image).

Name:  trace.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  66.8 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Moved this to the technical support forum. Let us know if you need any further help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks for your help. I will try this system right away.

Rob