ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Lady Bump

Red face Lady Bump

Actually just a quick experimental synopsis ignited by Byron's wonderful tutorial to study the effect on bump of the various tools. All on the same layer.
    I think it could be of interest to anyone who did not tested this type mutual effects, one among the many possibilities to see how different tools/ media mix with each other ...
    I hope someone may appreciate or find an idea or contribution to solve some textural/ glazing problem or need.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bump Studies.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	53501  
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-09-2011 at 11:48 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Colorful exampl Caesare.Usefull for starters in AR.

Terrific idea Caesar, a beautiful little illustration and thoroughly useful.

You could go crazy trying to do a comprehensive example, but it would be fun too. Since each tool has so many settings (pressure, size, opacity, softness, wetness, spread, thinners, blend modes - to name only a few) the effect variables are near endless as these tools interact with bump paints. I can see you had a bit of fun with this one - a highly useful introduction.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Right dear Anna, and I hope so! I think I should have produces more of this synopsis for myself too in a disciplined way. Hard to remeber otherwise all the discoveries and happy accidents possible with AR. Thank You!

Dear Byron, I treated here (all in one) the relief interactions on the same layer between different tools topic only in a selective way, that is not including settings which didn't provide meaningful effects (exhaustively enough I mean). Obviously there are sevreal other topics which could be synthetised similarly (different glazing ways, effects of the three major blending knives on impasto making tools or on the graphical tools, paper pattern and grain response of some tools etc.). Maybe they could form few pages of fast looking - easy/ simple combinations affective and ready for use on spontaneous, handcraftly paintings or not requiring of very complex plannings. Just in case BobbyRay decides to have final Quick Visual Synopsis Annexes to his Tutorials collection. Thank You!

Caesar, this is very informative for new members starting out, it will help them a lot with the tools......great idea you had there

Thank you, dear Pat! Sometimes a comprehensive visual image full of clues is the most effective memo to handle on the job than a manual or a few pages or too many steps tutorial .... Here You can immediately see tools that nostly preserve the texture underneath and which ones just superimpose their hues or let the underneath color pass through and is just chromatically glazed ...
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-10-2011 at 09:51 PM.

A very constructive experimentation, I personally soil mix airbrush, oils and pencil, and I love the result.

Thank You, dear Javier! Pencil is useful for quite a number of application and mixes, You're right!

Hail O Caesar what's it all about as I'm an old thickie its beyond my Ken

only just found out what that disc in the sky was thanks to Weeks

----E/S

Dear ATPlus, this is just a visual hint on how several tools at certain settings work on thick, bumping ones (thick oil, paint tube and glitter). I hope You can read (otherwise enlarge) the writings. The rest of the explanations are on my previous replies.