ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Soldier's Tears

A Soldier's Tears

I haven't done an original figurative image in a while. This is something that has been bouncing around in my head for quite a long while. "Viet Nam" is always with me, and losing so many of my good friends and buddies. These Current Middle East Wars keep it all stirred up together. Unjust wars started by Unjust men leave the rest of us suffering for their sins.
    In style of oils on canvas. orig.working size 2600x3600pxl. at 300 ppi. One layer, from scratch. Impression from my heart.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by L Skylar Brown; 03-08-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Wars and the exploitation of nations and peoples
    Injustice for all
    And very bad memories
    And damaged by the soldiers and people from children, women and youth and the elderly
    It remains Leader instigators of these aches in safety
    And without compunction
    If we look at some of the love of turning a blind eye for color and religion
    Rich and poor
    Educated and ignorant
    Life would be beautiful
    Sorry for my weakness in English but I try to express the beauty of your drawing and this is how I feel

Clearly heartfelt Sky - dipping into difficult territory ripe for many perspectives and interpretations. It's a beautiful painting that requires a viewer to bring their own thoughts forward and contemplate, or even wrestle, with the themes buried in it.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Such an artistic and eloquent image!

It's always hard to intervene, even more when unconfessed reasons and poor understanding undermine from start even the best motivations and intentions of the involved dreamers and poor guys. It's even harder when You have to use a difficult to control violence and use deadly weaponry, when You're facing coward criminals and excited fanatic minds who hides and don't respect human dignity, when you're among civilians who end up in the middle of fight to suffer and die and cannot see and realize what You think You're building, sometimes because You just cannot, or You devote limited resources or get scarce results on a different environment or You can only attract by acting well the losers, the ones who apparently cannot decide. Destruction is far easier to achieve than building. It takes just a few crazy, ignorant and evil people on each side to destroy, many more and good willing people to build and re-build patiently, too little to ignite a conflict, too much to grow a just peace.
    The irony of a poor strategy selling the illusion of a democratic domino effect after a big ram stroke, is that the renaissance of hopes, justice, evolution, democracy, human right, spiritual and material wealths, civilization defence and restoration (not civilizations wars) against any barbarian attitude are happening now, few years later, independently and internally, in so many Arabian or Middle East countries.
    Efforts should have gone much more to understanding and supporting more intensely in their positive evolution those countries rather than merely trying to concentrate on fighting terrorism while keeping alive and relying on state terrorism or accept medieval systems or force changes relying on what money, technology, economics could provide alone. Real changes are made by souls, minds, spirits and bodies when sights are elevated.
    What's happening in these days is in way similar to the end of the blocks in the '90ies. There are mundane reasons for sure, but I also see a divine project leading our history notwithstanding and even among the worst outcomes of our free will.
    Maybe a deeper faith and unconventional analyses can prophetically enlight us on events and make us act more rightfully and find the sole soul which really unites us all over and can prevail on evil.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Skylar, the agony and remorse being felt is well depicted in your wonderful painting

A very moving painting Skylar
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Suha - Thank you for your beautiful words. I pray for the peoples of the Middle East. There is so much turmoil beginng. Now, Gadhafi is turning on his own people. Disgraceful. They say this shift in consciousness is rippling through the entire region. Saudi Arabia, though a monarchy, seems to be stable for now. I pray you and yours stay safe.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Thank you for your kindness
    I'm with you and ask God to help everyone here and everywhere

A very touching painting and so relevant in these difficult times around the world.
    Geoff